Since last year...

Options
I've been logging daily for close to a year now (348 day streak), and I decided to look back on everything that's happened in the last year. I've lost 40 kilos, stopped smoking and am 9 months clean from it, went home to visit my family after 2 years of being away, got married, got a cat, moved to a different town, started working on my social anxiety (which actually lead to me making this post ^-^) and I overall started feeling more confident and happier, every day. I feel like I've already rocked this year, and there's still 3 months of it left. Can't wait to see what they bring.

What things have you done/achieved this year? :)

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Those are fantastic achievements! Way to go!!

This year hasn't brought a ton of changes for me, really, but I think I have improved my ability to deal with change and stress (an ongoing project), and I've had a lot of fun with some music and writing projects.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Great 9 months!!
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, Helena!! Good for you!! Congrats :)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Bravo for your lifestyle changes which led to increased confidence and happiness.
    I too saw huge changes in the past year in terms of weight loss, increased confidence and in general more enjoyment of life. Every day in one way or another seems like a celebration of sorts.
    Congrats.
  • helena99716
    helena99716 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and good job to all of you too! Any change, no matter how small you think it may be, that you make to change your life for the better is worth celebrating. :smiley:
  • forensicanthropology
    Options
    I love looking back like this. I love that you now have a cat in your life. Looking back on this year for me its been a bit of turmoil but Im still standing despite the knocks. lost weight, became an orphan, gained weight, depression, bullied at work, travelled, lost weight, stood up for myself in work, no longer bullied, lost a bit more weight, depression lifting... life is starting to look good again and looking forward to what next year will bring. Enjoy your cat. ;)
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love hearing stories like this. Congrats on your success and on future successes as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!