Recommend any good MINTS -candies/gum to get rid of tuna or egg breath?

I plan to consume packets or cans of tuna for my protein, maybe hard boiled eggs, maybe even consume a little raw garlic for other vitamins, but my it stinks up my breath so badly. It's nasty. I have those white Tic Tacs but they're not strong enough. I think Altoids burn too much. (I'm kind of a wimp) Can anyone recommend a tasty, yet strong mints or gum or something to help with this problem? I find vigorously brushing my teeth and using mouthwash doesn't really work well enough. I still have that lingering taste or odor in the back of my throat. I really want to be able to freshen my breath after eating this stuff cuz it's kind of gross. This is one of the downsides of eating healthier. Some of the really good stuff I want to eat just makes my breath too funky. Any input appreciated!

Replies

• ceg82
    ceg82 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm a big fan of Trident gum personally. It seems to do the job on my coffee breath, so I imagine it should work for tuna too.
  • KrystalKween
    KrystalKween Posts: 5 Member
    I really like extra peppermint or spearmint. I'm not sure how strong it is compared to tuna and hard boiled eggs, but it works well on garlic breath.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    I like Listerine Breath strips
  • mariahdoesthis
    mariahdoesthis Posts: 17 Member
    This is gonna sound crazy (and I swear I'm not trolling), but I just chew on a couple peppermint mint leaves. My mouth feels all tingly after and it lasts for a while. Cilantro would also work, but it doesn't taste as good.
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Another crazy thought... They make oil based peppermint extract (got mine at whole foods). You can take a drop from the bottle using your finger. Works like a charm.