Why does my butt remain the same size.

Options
5’9 160lbs. My butt will not shrink. Everything else on my body is toned and small, and then I have this huge jiggly butt. I’m not even kidding, I feel it looks abnormal compared to the rest of my body. I’ve tried running, squats, pretty much everything. I’m all for a nice sized butt but mines a little much. People literally turn around when I walk by. Some might enjoy such attention, but It makes me feel awkward and like I should be hiding it. Give me some butt shrinking tips

Replies

• astral_baby
    astral_baby Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had a 14 inch difference between my waist and my hips when I was 160, now that I'm 135 there is a 10 inch difference. you sound like you're at a healthy weight for your height, and you are already a runner, so I can't possibly advise you to lose more weight. Just sharing my butt experience.
  • Runner1393
    Runner1393 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had a 14 inch difference between my waist and my hips when I was 160, now that I'm 135 there is a 10 inch difference. you sound like you're at a healthy weight for your height, and you are already a runner, so I can't possibly advise you to lose more weight. Just sharing my butt experience.

Did you ever feel awkward about your butt?
    I know you know exactly what I mean when I say you can see through all workout leggings and it causes attention. I’m married so when we go out my husband is giving everyone who is looking at my butt that look and then telling me I need to cover it. Wahhhh. I just wish I could make it smaller so I didn’t even have to deal with it. Everyone wants a big butt until they have one. Haha!
  • astral_baby
    Options
    Absolutely not. I played roller derby, and I murdered people with my butt. I needed that butt at the time.

My husband used to ask/tell me to wear a bra, and I asked him to stop trying to control what I wear on my very own adult body. He doesn't like it that I go braless all the time, but hey, sometimes we have to live with ish we don't like.

I know exactly what you mean about being hollered at in public, but girl, that is gonna happen to you whether you lose that butt or not.

I am ALWAYS giving back-door advice around here (I don't mean it like that you pervs). My advice is not to try to shrink your butt. My advice is for you and your husband to accept your beautiful body and also to accept the world as it is, filled with men who will check you out no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT :)
  • Runner1393
    Runner1393 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh totally understand. We are Christians so if he doesn’t like something, I try to be respectful and change it. He also never asks me to change or do something that ultimately isn’t good for us as a family or couple. He LOVES my butt, he just doesn’t like other people loving my butt! Lol
    It’s hard to be modest when ya got this giant thing you can’t really cover up or make modest. I guess trying is what counts.

I don’t wear bras. My hair covers it all. Hahahaha. Bras are horrible.
  • astral_baby
    Options
    Runner1393 wrote: »
    Oh totally understand. We are Christians so if he doesn’t like something, I try to be respectful and change it. He also never asks me to change or do something that ultimately isn’t good for us as a family or couple. He LOVES my butt, he just doesn’t like other people loving my butt! Lol
    It’s hard to be modest when ya got this giant thing you can’t really cover up or make modest. I guess trying is what counts.

I don’t wear bras. My hair covers it all. Hahahaha. Bras are horrible.

It sounds like you are doing your best with your marriage, your faith, and your fitness.

This is the body God gave you. <3<3<3
  • lichn
    lichn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can't control other people checking you out because you have proportions that are idealized in our society. It sounds like your husband needs to work on his own anxiety and stop making you feel self-conscious and ashamed of the body God gave you. If he wants a wife that no man ever looks at he should have married someone less attractive.
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yes, while i do not like it when other men take an extra long look at my lady, in the same token I am god awful proud to say that she's with me.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It is possible to be a Christian in a committed marriage that does Not involve jealousy caused by others reactions. If you are not dressing to attract the attention of others then it is not about you disrespecting your marriage. I have left the house in my pajamas with my hair a mess and been whistled at. Should I have worn a sleeping bag to make sure no one saw me at all? Your husband is probably a lovely man with good intentions. But control of that nature is a slippery slope as it is already making you uncomfortable in your own body. "Love your wife as God loved the church". Perfectly supportively, selflessly.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Tell your husband about your insecurities, and hopefully he'll see his comments are just making you feel worse.