Starbucks

Options
I have to replace this. fma1481wiixl.png
I'm addicted to frappaccinos but they have so many calories. What does everyone else get to keep calories low?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't love Starbucks frappuccinos, honestly. But when I have a sore throat from allergies I like to get a coffee frappuccino, nonfat milk & no whipped cream. It's excellent and around 200 calories for a grande. Way better than a lot of their frappuccinos...still tons of sugar, though! And I'm guessing it would be a sad sub for the drink you named.

Usually at Starbucks I like to get black coffee or plain hot green tea and a cake pop. About the same calories but I really like the cake pops when I want to indulge there. I think most of their food/treats are just bleh.
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You can try a lot of there Frappuccinos skinny there usually made with soy or skim milk that way and they taste descent
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks but I rarely get a frappucino. Replacing them seems like a hard thing to do, since they come with so much sugar and cream and...well, how do you get that without the calories? You could only try to alter them a bit and say bye bye to a few things that make them so calorie-heavy like getting one with only half the syrup, soy milk and no whipped cream.

I'm all about their lattes, Pumpkin Spice, Vanilla, etc. and I also like those iced, with soy milk. If I wanna go really low in calories, I'll get an iced Americano with half a pump of vanilla but I rarely do that.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    When I started "all of this" I kinda lost my taste for frappucchinos as they are just so incredibly sweet - switching to the meals I love now eliminated the "too much" of everything, sugar, salt, etc - what I'm trying to say is that perhaps you'll lose your taste for them?
    Alternatively I agree with @seltzermint555 - the coffee light frap doesn't break the (calorie) bank :) They have all their nutritional info listed on their website, so maybe you can go hunting for a frap that fits into your allowance?

rehlk0f9xalx.png
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Iced skinny latte with sugar free syrup!
    An iced skinny latte is 63 kcal for a Grande, which is very doable.
    Sugar free syrup is 2 kcal for 4 pumps which is plenty to add flavour.
    Caramel topping is 15 kcal which is also ok (but I don't know if this is drizzle or what). Sprinkles are 4 kcal!
    (All UK nutrition values - https://globalassets.starbucks.com/assets/f2e0c66179274bfd96dc9e3c3ffa660e.pdf )

Iced latte is lower cal than a hot one as half the cup is filled with ice (zero cal!) rather than milk...
    I started out with a single shot in a Grande which is more Frappuccino like, but am now up to a double. Eh.

Also, soy milk is more calorific than skimmed, so if you're really trying to squeeze the cals out then soy is not necessarily your friend.
  • susan23629
    susan23629 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to try them.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sitting in a Starbucks right now! LOL! I stick with the tall blonde - it has 5 calories - and I do not put any creamer of any sort in it. Stevia in place of sugar and some cinnamon and one packet of honey. Not quite the goodness that you are considering replacing but does my body good!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I get mocha frappachinos "made light" (just tell the barista that). They are only 100 cals for a grande. I assume they can do something similar with a salted caramel.

I learned always say "mocha frapp made light" because I said a "light mocha frapp" once and ended up with a white mocha frapp. Yuck!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm another one of those who orders a 16 ounce iced skinny vanilla latte with sugar free syrup. I'm sure they have sugar free caramel syrups, too.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I do HOT skinny vanilla lattes.

If you're looking for an iced coffee, try just an iced coffee with sugar free vanilla syrup and add some creamer. You get a ton of caffeine and still satisfy the "cold" craving. And it's cheaper than a "fancy" drink.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Whole milk latte, and not from Bucky's.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Sitting in a Starbucks right now! LOL! I stick with the tall blonde - it has 5 calories - and I do not put any creamer of any sort in it. Stevia in place of sugar and some cinnamon and one packet of honey. Not quite the goodness that you are considering replacing but does my body good!

^^^THIS!...I never deviate....Until it's free drink time....then I get a venti of whatever yummy goodness I want :smiley:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

^^^THIS!...I never deviate....Until it's free drink time....then I get a venti of whatever yummy goodness I want :smiley:

Amen to free drink time. I usually get a venti green tea soy latte or some crazy iced mocha...I feel like their iced mocha is 60% ice, 15% whipped cream, and a bajillion calories
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    If you have a blender - make your own

2 cups strong brewed coffee chilled
    1/4 almond or cashew milk
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    1 tablespoon vanilla/caramel extract
    14 drops chocolate stevia or sweetener of choice (ie honey,maple syrup, etc.)
    1 pinch sea salt
    ice
    dark chocolate shavings optional garnish

Around 30 calories -
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've replaced my afternoon iced caramel frappaccino with a mocha protein shake (chocolate whey protein, instant coffee and soy milk). Halves the calories and is full of protein instead of processed carbs, but still get a cold frothy coffee fix.
  • joanl9
    joanl9 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    At Starbucks, I usually order a doppio expresso con panna in the morning. It is a double shot of expresso and whipped cream up to the top of the small paper cup. It is only two grams of carbs, but feels very indulgent.
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I get a cold brew, two splenda and a splash of nonfat milk. I estimate that to be about 20 cal on account of the milk.

If I want to splurge, I get a grande vanilla sweet cream cold brew with sugar-free vanilla. It still has some sugar and cream but less than when they had regular vanilla syrup, which is 70 cal on its own. I estimate that to be 40 cal on account of the cream. It's delicious!
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hot drinks:
    - Tall Vanilla/Hazelnut Flat White with Almond Milk
    - Hot Tea
    - Black Coffee

Cold Drinks:
    - Cold Brew with Coconut Milk
    - Grande Iced Passion Tea, unsweetened
    - Coconut Lime Refresher
    - Skinny Iced Vanilla Latte

And I highly recommend going on their website or app to see the calories.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    kayeroze wrote: »
    Hot drinks:
    - Tall Vanilla/Hazelnut Flat White with Almond Milk
    - Hot Tea
    - Black Coffee

Cold Drinks:
    - Cold Brew with Coconut Milk
    - Grande Iced Passion Tea, unsweetened
    - Coconut Lime Refresher
    - Skinny Iced Vanilla Latte

And I highly recommend going on their website or app to see the calories.

I swear you are my drink twin, these are all my favorites!! I have never got a flavor in a flat white, will try that next!!

I like the macchiatos! They have that killer sweetness like the fraps
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My favorite here lately has been the Iced Cinnamon Almond milk Macchiato!

Also to save on calories, I like the Sweet Vanilla Cream Cold Brew