What do you do on a bad day?

Options

Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Whenever I start feeling stressed out I have a song that pops in my head that for some reason just calms me. I went on a pretty horrible trip one year to visit my dad and step mom and I found myself spending the majority of the time laying on the driveway and listening to Dashboard Confessional. Now when I'm upset that song (Hands Down) just automatically pops in my head and soothes me... "Breathe in for luck breathe in so deep this air is blessed you share with me.. this night is wild so calm and dull these hearts they race from self control"
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    For real, though.

I run.

Fast.

Far.

I run, and run, and run.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    i go for a long bike ride( about 10 miles) it really helps relieve stress!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Not sure about bad days, but exercise always helps. Another thing I found that helped me when I really wanted to eat something was to cut fruit or veggies or prep for a meal...a lot of time just keeping my hands busy helps me keep food out of my mouth.
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I turn to God for support. He usually helps me get through it. I try to not sit and let my thoughts and emotions take over. I find something to busy myself with. I also try to drink water to see if that will satisfy me first. Hope this helps!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Sunday was a really bad day for me. I decided to go sneaker shopping... I ended up walking for 60+ minutes and not buying any sneakers, but getting a good idea of what I might want.
  • dianeboehm
    Options
    Bury my head in the sand and pretend it didn't happen. LOL.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    now accepting all responses that do not involve a refridgerator or a microwave...aaaaand go!

LOLOLOL!!!! That made me giggle. I have been on here for about 12 days and I have had a couple of those days already. I still struggle with laying in bed late at night and thinking about food (my brain telling me GO GET FOOD RIGHT NOW!!!!). I sit still, close my eyes, and listen to my body. If I am honestly not hungry, I go do some yoga and then go to bed. Something active (positive) is always preferred over negative actions. Exercise releases endorphin which will make you feel better. Take a walk, listen to music, do some yoga, just stay out of the kitchen (and away from the refrigerator and microwave). :)

Another thing I do is go through the success stories forum. It's encouraging to know that there are people out there that are losing as much weight as I hope to lose, and even more because they started out bigger than I am. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    lift HEAVY weights...then lift more HEAVY weights!
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    I go to the gym and work my *kitten* off... BAD DAY = BAD MOOD = Angry exercising = SUPER CALORIE burn :laugh:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Blast my angry music and take it out on the treadmill.

Yea!!! I love this!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Exercise or tequila....do not do both....I repeat, DO NOT do both...it doesn't turn out well.

Is this a voice of experience? maybe if both were in moderation? hmmm where is the tequila?

I still don't have the control so I have to get out of the house, I grab a water bottle, my string bag and keys and get out of the apt and walk as far and fast as I can till I'm ready to collapse. I usually aim in the direction of my boyfriends house (figure if I make it that far I can collapse and he would bring me home) If it is just too nasty out or dark I grab for my teddy bear...I know that sounds childish, but I work for a "toy store" I need my teddy bear sometimes, you would be amazed how much comfort even at this age she can bring me...her name is Osacita...
  • polkataniec
    Options
    There is that girl I know who I dont like very much...Well she was always big and then she had the bend put on her stomack so now she is skinny and wears all this cute mini skirts and all !!! Every time I feel weakness and the candy mashine is calling my name i think of her.I think,"o,no! No candy today!If you wanna be skinny like her!!!" Works most of the time ha,ha,ha
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Most of my "bad days" recently involve my witch of a boss... so I send a text to my best friend "I HATE MY JOB" or IHMJ -- and I feel better because she knows... and I am screaming it in my head... because eating because of her, oh, that just cannot happen, she's not worth it!

Now, when I'm faced with something else, I hope that I'm able to find the right soother for me.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating because I'm worn out, I try to sleep instead. If it's a bad emotional place, I go binge on music instead, or watch a favourite film. Sometimes I will deliberately watch something that tends to make me cry, if I know I have built up emotion that needs letting out. I know it sounds weird, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • emstaples
    Options
    If I have a bad day, and eat what I shouldn't... I treat it like any other addiction. I try not to beat myself up, and do NOT use it as an excuse to have a second bad day. One slip-up or one bad day doesn't mean I've failed.

If I'm faced with a temptation, (like if the husband brings ice cream or some other yummy treat home), I'll do some quick crunches, and the craving will pass. I like me better without the extra weight... doing even a little bit of exercise reminds me how hard I've worked to get it off!
  • Trintylynn
    Options
    Clean and organize.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i'll have something, but try to control it better. instead of cracking into a big packet of chips, i'll open some flavoured rice crackers...

or i'll make some hommus when i'm feeling ravenous, and carrot sticks (it's not the store bought low fat version, but it's filling and nutritious, so it may not be low fat, but not as bad as a cheeseburger meal)

instead of buying 2 chocolate bars, or a packet of chocolate biscuits, i'll buy a small bar of chocolate or plainer / more boring biscuits that don't tempt me to just eat the whole packet, there are biscuits i can eat a couple of, and there are biscuits that i can't stop until the packet is gone...

and i try to have a coffee or tea instead of eating, or a glass of water instead of eating...
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
    I call my friends cheech and chong!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I grab a shake weight and hold on for dear life. I shake it all away baby.