Cheat Treat

Options
Should I being indulging in something SMALL everyday, if I have the extra calories left or jus eat whatever I want only ONE DAY out of the week?
What are your thoughts about cheat treats??
Thanks!

Replies

• MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories (and the willpower to stick to those calories), then I see nothing wrong with treating yourself every day. Again, you have to have the willpower to keep it small, or within your calorie range. But depriving yourself to once a week may just lead to a binge, so if a small daily treat helps, then go for it!
  • sabellahess
    Options
    I have found a small treat every day (if you have the calories) is a really nice treat and a good incentive to stay on track. DON'T do the "eat whatever you want" one day a week, it is a road to ruin!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    agree!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    if you have the calories it's not really cheating...
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I usually have the calories so I'll have a small treat everday :) nothing wrong with it as long as you can stop at 1 and keep it in your cals!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I say, get in 3 - 4 servings of fiberous veggies, 1 - 3 servings of fruit, lots of lean protein, a serving or 2 of whole grains (if you aren't carb shy) and what calories that are left are yours to spend as you like! :happy:
  • Kimgrizz64
    Options
    I have a few thoughts... If I completely cut out 'treats' I will just crave them...I don't think of them as "cheats" because then I feel guilty! I try and make sure I am exercising every day. If I have calories left over and I've eaten pretty healthy through out the day, I allow myself a small sweet; but not every day. It's amazing how the cravings for sweets stop when you start to replace them with fruits and a bit more healthy treats! Fruits with sugar-free whip cream and such.
    I had gotten into the habit of having something sweet each evening after dinner...it's not that hard to break the habit...and it's fun finding healthier things you can eat that are sweet and take away those cravings.
    :)
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! Looks like as long as you have the calories then its ok. Im gonna go have a cupcake now! lol
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    when i was doing the weight loss thing the first time i allowed for a 99cal choccy bar at the end of every day...it meant that i had something to look forward to and i didn't binge on big high cal/fat choccies
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    my opinion's similar. If you've got the room calories-wise and the will power not to over do it, go for it! I have something every day whether it's just a piece of sugar free candy, sugar free jello with lite whipped cream, sugar free pudding, or just good ol dark chocolate i always let myself have something after dinner, and log it faithfully :o)
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I've done the "one cheat day" per week but it was really HARD to get back on track the next six days. I still lost weight but more slowly, I think, than I would have just having a small treat once a day.

This has always been the hardest evil for me to overcome. I always thought if I weren't miserable and depriving myself, then I wasn't doing it right. Now I love knowing that whatever I choose to indulge in , just a bit, I can still be within my calories and have something to balance everything out!

Costco's dark chocolate-covered pomegranates are my favorites!! Even just an 1/8 cup does the trick!
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    Reward yourself, better to keep it small and daily than go overboard one day a week...that one day will wreak havoc on your system and will make it easier to slip into far too many consecutive bad days.

Cutting out the sweets completely is very difficult to do...very. I can tell you from experience because I've done it but I did so because I've learned that my body does not tolerate sugar well and it makes me bloated (not many people realize that you can be sugar intolerant...which is different from being diabetic). After a month of cutting it all out I no longer crave it constantly. I stick to a special treat from my favorite cupcakery a couple times a month when they have a new cupcake in rotation...the thing is I don't deprive myself if the urge does hit me, key is moderation. If you eliminate something when you're not mentally willing to then that is all you will think about and it will back fire :)
  • dovenotes
    dovenotes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat many small treats daily and have lost 18 lbs so far. I learned to love my measuring cups and spoons. Funny thing is it has become kind of a game. My favorite measuring instruments are the half tablespoon and 1/8 cup. I only use good quality treats like real 100 percent peanut butter, real maple syrup, nutella, etc... All my life I never realized how little it actually takes to satify a treat craving. You can test it out In a measuring spoon. The other night I ate 1/8 tb crazy Richards PB with 3 dark chocolate chips. Couldn't believe this mouse treat actually did the trick. I had always been a big eater with very large portions. It's just being aware and listening to your body signals that makes the difference.
    Is it hunger , thirst, or just taste you are in need of ? Ask your body and the answer will come. I don't eat any artificial sweetener because it is carcinogenic garbage. When you eat treats eat the best. Make sure it is real food. Think like the French do and eat small portions high quality natural food well spaced out, no diet gimmics. Eat like the Japanese and stop when you are 80 percent full, and see how you feel. You will lose weight eating what you want and keep it off.