Every one is welcomed!

Options
oelr9
oelr9 Posts: 27 Member
edited August 2017 in Chit-Chat
Hello! Im a latina (pr) that loves spanish food. I am looking for other latinos or people that love to eat spanish food. I want to know how you modify "spanish food recepies" to make it more "healthy." This will be a huge help! Everyone is welcomed to share their ideas.

Also, looking to make new friend to stay motivated, share recepie, share stories, and to chit chat to keep each other on track! :) hopefully this discussion will be a success!

Replies

• ketofire51
    ketofire51 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love the tex-mex food here in Texas and because I am doing the ketogenic way of eating, I have to get creative when it comes to eating. I stick to guacamole, salads without croutons or tortilla strips, chicken and beef fajita meats, etc. I don't feel deprived, although I do miss enchiladas when I eat out. I've been trying to come up with a good low carb enchilada recipe and I'm just about there.

Good luck and welcome to MFP!
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm a white girl but I love Latin food! I have recently been into Mexican tortas & they're around 650 calories by my estimates. Otherwise I stick to meats and beans. I have made these "refried" beans in the slow cooker that aren't actually fried, but they're good. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/70312/refried-beans-without-the-refry/

Also I add more beans to beans and rice & use spray oil to fry stuff (plantains!).
  • Cheesy_Keto
    Cheesy_Keto Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Tamales are my favorite! Estoy enamorado con tamales!
  • oelr9
    Options
    manleyr14 wrote: »
    I love the tex-mex food here in Texas and because I am doing the ketogenic way of eating, I have to get creative when it comes to eating. I stick to guacamole, salads without croutons or tortilla strips, chicken and beef fajita meats, etc. I don't feel deprived, although I do miss enchiladas when I eat out. I've been trying to come up with a good low carb enchilada recipe and I'm just about there.

Good luck and welcome to MFP!

Wooow sounds amazing i would love some of those recepies
  • oelr9
    Options
    I'm a white girl but I love Latin food! I have recently been into Mexican tortas & they're around 650 calories by my estimates. Otherwise I stick to meats and beans. I have made these "refried" beans in the slow cooker that aren't actually fried, but they're good. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/70312/refried-beans-without-the-refry/

Also I add more beans to beans and rice & use spray oil to fry stuff (plantains!).

Sounds yummy! I want to start making helathier food but still eat what i like if that makes sense
  • oelr9
    Options
    Tamales are my favorite! Estoy enamorado con tamales!

Jajaja are they healthy tho
  • olsonspring
    olsonspring Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing a weight watchers idea to pre cook your corn tortillas in water instead of oil. They still come out soft for making enchiladas. Just a small trick that really adds up.