Healthy Sleep Challenge - Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the promotion and Hurray for weekends!
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    11:30-4:00. Feeling sleepy @7am
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sleep? What's that?
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Dresden!
    Sorry about your neighbors waking you up, Corina!

I was sick so I got to sleep super late, but I got some good hours in.
    7:19 total
    0:31 awake (this is a great improvement from the norm!)
    2:08 REM
    4:14 light
    0:57 deep
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Not really 4.5hrs, I'm calling it 8hrs because I slept another 3.5hrs (from 6:30pm to 10pm), then I was up an hour and half and went back to bed. Didn't mean t take that long of a nap but I had 2 bike rides yesterday and 2 weight training sessions, and my town is having a festival this weekend (which is right by my gym) with lots of food vendors so I got pretty stuffed after my 2nd weight training session and that was the icing on the cake :wink:

n59bdpnpsjzh.png
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    12-7 whaaaat? Nice!!!!
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Looking good Britt!
    Dresden, when you mention sleeping good, seems like you also mention eating good. Connection?
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Dresden, when you mention sleeping good, seems like you also mention eating good. Connection?

Yes..I eat well, I eat often, and I usually eat before bed. I can burn 2,000 to 3,000 calories a day in exercise alone so eating and sleeping for recovery are connected and paramount.

• brittdee88
    Options
    I slept SO much last night!!! It was fantastic.
    I still need to crack this deep sleep mystery, but I am just going to work on being consistent with my bedtime routine for a while and see if that helps any.

11:10 total
    1:20 awake
    3:38 REM
    6:05 light
    1:27 deep
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Go, Britt!
    Dresden, and I am so proud of myself when I burn 1000. Still am, though. You may do more, but you're not gonna steal my thunder. I'm still proud of me.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Lol! You should be proud, Corina! We're all improving :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Sleep was not so great last night even though I got some good hours in. I got more deep sleep relative to the total hours last night than I did the night before, which is weird. I wonder if I actually NEED 11 hours to feel rested! That would be intense and completely unrealistic.

8:23 total
    1:05 awake
    1:46 REM
    5:24 light
    1:13 deep
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    1-9. Woke up several times, but immediately back to sleep. Not as rested as you would think after 8 hours. Mowed the lawn last night, so probably allergies. Still very, very good!!! Two nights in a row!!! How many times to make it a habit?
  • serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    21 days to make it a habit. Lol! I think you should go for it!! :)
  • serser28
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well - we need to keep at it. We will have the odd days when it's not great but we are doing so much better than the beginning of the month. Next we have to follow @DresdenSinn and get more deep sleep. I have no idea how we are going to do it but I have faith we will. I have been looking at my pattern and I tend to get my deep sleep within the first half an hour of falling asleep. I am assuming that's when I am at my most tired. Maybe we need to burn more energy (just like @DresdenSinn) so we are in deep sleep for longer.
  • serser28
    Options
    @corinasue1143 proud of you - you have been doing so much better.

@brittdee88 can you imagine needing 11 hours sleep to feel rested! You have been doing well so keep doing what you are doing. Having a bedtime routine will surely help. I am aiming to do likewise. Hope you are feeling much better now.

@rachelleahsmom - what sleep indeed! That's what we all used to say but we definitely working on not only getting sleep but loving sleep too.

• brittdee88
    Options
    @serser28 I have been reading as much as I can and it looks like there is no real way to do anything to get more deep sleep, though everything I've read says if you can get into REM faster, you have a greater chance of getting more :( I keep hoping something will tell me different. I will keep researching and report back to the group if I find anything!
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    How can you get into REM faster?
  • serser28
    Options
    I have been researching also about getting more deep sleep but not finding anything that can help with that :/ .
  • serser28
    Options
    6hrs 5mins last night but only 49 mins of deep sleep - not good enough. I actually woke up feeling really tired.

5un4aue467q2.png