Options
2»

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    tamraking wrote: »
    I just started MediFast with 100% confidence it will allow me to lose weight as easily as i lost using NutriSystem. So far, i prefer NutriSystem. If i am going to eat marginally lousy foods for 2-3 months, i prefer not to have to clean the kitchen cooking them. But as for this post, any fast weight loss solution depends on a person's sincere motivation to make changes. If a person is not motivated to deal with a medifsst plan for a short period, they likely are not ready to make lasting changes of any kind. But if a person can honestly say "it is not worth it any more. Being healthy is more important than a lifestyle centered on my next meal", then a person is likely ready.

I know this is a zombie thread but I have to ask...

Why the hell would anyone want to eat "marginally lousy" EVER? Especially when you don't have to? And then pay a crap ton of money for it?

Makes no sense to me....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just started MediFast with 100% confidence it will allow me to lose weight as easily as i lost using NutriSystem. So far, i prefer NutriSystem. If i am going to eat marginally lousy foods for 2-3 months, i prefer not to have to clean the kitchen cooking them. But as for this post, any fast weight loss solution depends on a person's sincere motivation to make changes. If a person is not motivated to deal with a medifsst plan for a short period, they likely are not ready to make lasting changes of any kind. But if a person can honestly say "it is not worth it any more. Being healthy is more important than a lifestyle centered on my next meal", then a person is likely ready.

If NutriSystem was so effective, why do you need MediFast?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »

I know this is a zombie thread but I have to ask...

Why the hell would anyone want to eat "marginally lousy" EVER? Especially when you don't have to? And then pay a crap ton of money for it?

Makes no sense to me....

Me because I'm lazy. But I make it myself. Not interested in paying a premium for it.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I know zero about Medifast, but I have to guess if people lose weight on it, it's because they reduced their calorie intake. That can be accomplished in a gazillion different ways, but it ultimately comes down to the same formula - CICO.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I love it. I buy medifast products and wonderslim products. Wonderslim is cheaper and higher in protein; it also tastes a lot better than medifast foods (for the most part). I didn't gain back the weight it helped me lose so I say it's decent.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It is medically safe and proven effective. It is not necessary.

Cheer on your friend for her success and keep your doubts to yourself.

Don't accept any pressure to follow the same program.