Why do I still look fat ? :(

Options
turtlemt20
turtlemt20 Posts: 43 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
9uhjno3mgdg0.jpg
zr4zvxl0kj0w.jpg
x80d3efd1re8.jpg

5'4" female maintaining at 112-116 currently... I don't get why I look so fat at this weight :/ I have huge calves, jiggly thighs and stomach fat still. Feeling bummed out.

Do I just need to be stricter with my logging and lose the last 5 lbs?

Sorry for the *kitten* photos but I don't have many of myself

Replies

• aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't see fat
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I too vote recomp. There's a great thread running on recomp by usmcmp: Recomposition-maintaining weight while losing bodyfat. She really knows her stuff. Look into it.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    First off you don't look fat.
    Second, it looks like you don't have a lot of muscle mass. Start lifting, it will tighten things up.

^^This
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    You don't
  • esmerelda9479
    esmerelda9479 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look thin. I agree with other posters. Start building muscle and toning up.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You look thin to me, your calves are small - your legs are not sticks, which is unattractive, but a normal muscle, your stomach is way flatter than mine will ever be.

You are just used to seeing yourself heavier so think that's how you still look.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You look slim to me and fabulously proportioned I think the mind plays funny tricks on us all and noone sees the flaws we see in ourselves. I don't see access fat but as others say, if you want, you could start resistance training for body re-composition. You look great though. x
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    To me, you look very "skinny." You are probably "jiggly," b/c you are undermuscled. The jiggly bits aren't just fat...it's skin and other tissue. Even unflexed muscles can appear "soft."

You don't need to lose 5lbs. You need to lift and develop more muscle tissue to fill out the jiggly bits.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    You need to start replacing some of the jiggly bits with muscle. Start a lifting programme (progressive overload) and eat at maintenance. It will take time but it will change, I promise!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    This video shows you that scale weight isn't the only thing that matters. The first woman is thin, but flabby (she thinks) and the second one actually gains weight on the program, but ends up looking really great. I agree with others you look good already, but maybe this will show you it might be worth it to do weight training.

https://buzzfeed.com/evanghang/we-lost-22-of-body-fat-in-6-weeks?utm_term=.bcp04KVQN#.xsQzLae1Y
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I post this pic all the time. On the left, a woman at her goal weight. On the right, 14 pounds heavier after a recomp.

bodycomp_zps5030830e.jpg
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need glasses??? You look thin, not fat. You aren't muscular but you look great. If you want to be hard and not soft, then take the advice of others and start lifting some weights and other toning exercise.