Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options
SkinnyHeader-1.jpg

This is the new thread for week 1 of the August Challenge. Here we are at Day 1! Lets go get em!!!

Here is the link to the last thread if anyone wants to view it.

[link]http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303240-team-21-gimme-the-skinny[/link]

To refresh: here are our goals this week:
AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1

This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
Points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

LETS GO SKINNY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Tracy

Replies

• ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm still kind of confused on the points lol
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lmmiller1
    Options
    My 100 Jumping Jacks are complete!!! Where is everytbody else...LETS DO THIS!!!!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have 40 jumping jacks down then hurt my knee. I'll take a break and give it a go again later. I hate jumping jacks because I hate landing with my legs out like that. I have had bad knees since a car accident 12 years ago. I push in many other ways, but that out landing scares me. But, a challenge is a challenge.

Okay, rested and then finished the challenge!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: And went over by 10. Hey, I was on a roll! :tongue: :tongue: :drinker: :tongue:
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This is how the points work...

1 point per lb loss

1 point per person for each daily challenge (21 per day max 6 = 126) additional 5 point if the entire teams does each challenge every day = 131

1 point per person for each "weekly challenge" per day (20 per day max *6=126) and an additional 5 points if everyone completes this goal for the week = 131

So potential 262 points plus weight loss points.

So... essentially here's a senario.

you lost 2 lbs, you get 2 points for that
    You did all of the daily challenges (jumping jacks, up & downs etc), you get 6 points for that (1pt ea day)
    You met the weekly challenge (drink 64 oz of water daily & don't go over calories for day), you get 6 points for that.(1pt ea day)

So you'd in-box me a message stating you got 14 points this week. Then I see if EVERYONE did all their challenges, and I add in the bonus points if they did.

Did that help?
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'll be hitting the jumping jacks after work. Seems like a great warm-up into 30DS for the day!
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Kim. I'm a 45 yo (I don't feel anywhere near this old) SAHM with 4 kids. The oldest is 22 and out on her own. I have three at home - a boy (13) and 2 girls (4 and 8). I wasn't heavy until my 3rd and 4th pregnancies; I quit working when my 3rd child was born and it's been hard for me to keep the weight off (stress eating, especially at night). My 13 yo son and my 8 yo daughter both have special needs (autism and other issues), so life can be a little stressful. I've lived a little outside of Philadelphia my whole life. My husband is my best friend and supportive of anything I do, so I'm definitely ready to lose this weight. I don't mind exercise, so that's not my problem. But I need to get control over eating after dinner.

I'm looking forward to this challenge and getting to know everyone.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Finished my jumping jacks also! :)
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    OK, my 100 jumping jacks are done and so is my day two 1 mile walk/jog:-)
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    bump
  • watrmlon
    watrmlon Posts: 34
    Options
    i've done my jumping jacks:glasses:
  • calition
    calition Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will do my jumping jacks after work. I'm focusing on water. :tongue:
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options
    This is how the points work...

1 point per lb loss

1 point per person for each daily challenge (21 per day max 6 = 126) additional 5 point if the entire teams does each challenge every day = 131

1 point per person for each "weekly challenge" per day (20 per day max *6=126) and an additional 5 points if everyone completes this goal for the week = 131

So potential 262 points plus weight loss points.

So... essentially here's a senario.

you lost 2 lbs, you get 2 points for that
    You did all of the daily challenges (jumping jacks, up & downs etc), you get 6 points for that (1pt ea day)
    You met the weekly challenge (drink 64 oz of water daily & don't go over calories for day), you get 6 points for that.(1pt ea day)

So you'd in-box me a message stating you got 14 points this week. Then I see if EVERYONE did all their challenges, and I add in the bonus points if they did.

Did that help?

yes thank you :)
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options
    getting in my jumping jacks right now (just got home from school)
  • ChristB
    ChristB Posts: 9
    Options
    100 Jumping Jacks.... Done! :)
  • lmmiller1
    Options
    Day 1 is over for me..Completed my Jumping Jacks this morning, had 80 oz of water and was with in my calorie limit.......Hope everyone else is doing well:flowerforyou:
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great job guys!!!!

Gary finally re-appeared online and answered questions :). Looks like a few teams had members not even weigh in, so we're doing great already!!!

I'm exhausted, work was physically exhausting plus my walk, jumping jacks, and 30 day shred. I burned sooooo many calories today :)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I don't think I have many people on my friends list, I'm going to try to add everyone who's posted on here so far. If I don't add you, add me so we can motivate each other!
  • watrmlon
    watrmlon Posts: 34
    Options
    Actually another team thought I was on their team :) Not a chance!!

Did the jumping jacks, drank my water and stayed within my calories :)