Body Cleansing Diet

Options
Can anyone please suggest me a body cleansing diet ?

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    There isn't a body cleansing diet, but eating well is definitely important, so if you want a body healthy diet with vitamins and minerals that you need for your body to function at it's best then stick to lean meats, seafood, veggies, fruits, grains and nuts. It doesn't matter what you eat you can lose weight, but if you wanna be healthier too then I would make sure to get a wide variety of food groups, with some fun stuff sprinkled in.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Good overview on "cleanses" and "toxins": https://examine.com/nutrition/detoxes-an-undefined-scam/

As others have said, just focus on a balanced diet. You're allowed to have junk food and fast food in moderation, your body won't mind!
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    what are you trying to cleanse? your liver and kidneys do all that for you. why do you want to diet? what are your goals? have you spoken with a doctor? can you change your habits long term?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Plenty of liquids, balanced diet, bathe daily.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The last thing you should do for health is "cleanse" your digestive tract. You need well-functioning gut flora for health. If you want to really talk yourself out of this, consider that those who can't maintain healthy microbes in their intestines sometimes need a fecal transplant from someone else -- which is exactly what it sounds like.

Don't "cleanse!"
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    awb7xioqoaq0.jpg

It can get really messy when you diet while cleansing...

This is exactly what the OP made me think of!
  • tlanger251
    tlanger251 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    what are you trying to cleanse? your liver and kidneys do all that for you. why do you want to diet? what are your goals? have you spoken with a doctor? can you change your habits long term?

this^ the whole "toxin" thing some sort of scam.
  • tlanger251
    tlanger251 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has pretty much covered it. although I use Dial and Head and Shoulders for Body cleansing and find them highly efficient from a price/performance ratio.

bar soap leaves a residue ;-) fyi
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    tlanger251 wrote: »
    Everyone else has pretty much covered it. although I use Dial and Head and Shoulders for Body cleansing and find them highly efficient from a price/performance ratio.

bar soap leaves a residue ;-) fyi

That's why I use the dial liquid with the exfoliating beads
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    A large curry, chili con carne or salmonella affected meat.

Disclaimer: I do not condone or recommend eating the germy meat...