Not lost any weight!!

Options
2»

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Ounces or grams? Grams are quite a bit more accurate. If you think that your logging is tight, then that's really the only other constructive criticism to be made.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    :open_mouth: I've been eating back 50 to 75% of my exercise calories! Maybe you're right I'll try not eating the calories back but I'll have to up my intake cos I can't eat 1200kcalon my exercise days! I'll be very very very hangry!! Lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If i ate 6000 calories everyday and gained weight, and then reduced that to 3000 calories, i would still gain weight, just slower... Because both numbers are well over my TDEE.
  • aeloine
    Options
    Jayj180894 wrote: »
    :open_mouth: I've been eating back 50 to 75% of my exercise calories! Maybe you're right I'll try not eating the calories back but I'll have to up my intake cos I can't eat 1200kcalon my exercise days! I'll be very very very hangry!! Lol

How were you tracking your exercise calories?

And again, I'd suggest decreasing your weekly weight loss goal. Maybe 2lbs/week is not sustainable for you... that's usually something that people with over 100 lbs to lose aim for. At 185, maybe lower your weekly goal to 1-1.5lbs. That'll give you a LOT of calories back and will make the whole process more sustainable and enjoyable.
  • Jayj180894
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Ounces or grams? Grams are quite a bit more accurate. If you think that your logging is tight, then that's really the only other constructive criticism to be made.

Grams. All my scales are grams. Makes it easier for me lol! How much can water retention weigh up to? How many lbs? Give or take? Surely it can't be all water retention. The thing is when I've done the exact same thing before I have lost weight. I lost around 3lbs in the first week then gradually got slower as expected
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Grams. All my scales are grams. Makes it easier for me lol! How much can water retention weigh up to? How many lbs? Give or take? Surely it can't be all water retention. The thing is when I've done the exact same thing before I have lost weight. I lost around 3lbs in the first week then gradually got slower as expected

If you're salting everything, you're probably retaining some water from that. And if you're started a new exercise routine, you're probably retaining some water from that. Nobody is going to be able to tell you how much though.
  • aeloine
    Options

I know it can be frustrating, but stick with it. Water will release if you maintain a deficit. Salt can contribute but it's not the only factor. Drink more water, don't eat your exercise calories back, keep your tracking tight and you'll see results. It really is that simple (even if it's not easy! :wink: )
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

don't eat your exercise calories back, keep your tracking tight and you'll see results. It really is that simple (even if it's not easy! :wink: )

Careful with that part. MFP is designed for you to eat your exercise calories back. That concept should not change. The only time it would not make sense is if your logging errors are making things out of whack and you're compensating for that. Trial and error.

But conceptually, assuming correct logging, definitely do eat your exercise calories back - or percentage (same basic concept, i.e. accounting for logging or estimating errors).

• aeloine
    Options

don't eat your exercise calories back, keep your tracking tight and you'll see results. It really is that simple (even if it's not easy! :wink: )

Careful with that part. MFP is designed for you to eat your exercise calories back. That concept should not change. The only time it would not make sense is if your logging errors are making things out of whack and you're compensating for that. Trial and error.

But conceptually, assuming correct logging, definitely do eat your exercise calories back - or percentage (same basic concept, i.e. accounting for logging or estimating errors).

That was based on a discussion earlier in the thread - I had suggested that OP not eat exercise calories back for a couple of days to see if that made a difference. I haven't been able to find out how OP is tracking calories burned, but suggested dropping goal lbs lost/week (increase in calories) and not eating exercise calories back (decrease) to find a sustainable, effective net.
  • Silentpadna
    Options

That was based on a discussion earlier in the thread - I had suggested that OP not eat exercise calories back for a couple of days to see if that made a difference. I haven't been able to find out how OP is tracking calories burned, but suggested dropping goal lbs lost/week (increase in calories) and not eating exercise calories back (decrease) to find a sustainable, effective net.

Gotcha...probably didn't read the thread closely enough.
  • aeloine
    Options

No worries! I take my woo's seriously :wink: and try to fix my mistakes.
  • Jayj180894
    Options

I don't have a HRM so have been using MFP and exercise machines to track my calories burned. Hence why I was only eating back 50-75% back (which I thought was correct) but I've dropped my goal of 2lbs to 1.5lbs per week and its given me around an extra 200 kcal a day. So I'll not eat any exercise calories back for 3 days, then I'll just eat 25-50% back. Which from your chart you provided is correct :smile:
  • aeloine
    Options

I don't have a HRM so have been using MFP and exercise machines to track my calories burned. Hence why I was only eating back 50-75% back (which I thought was correct) but I've dropped my goal of 2lbs to 1.5lbs per week and its given me around an extra 200 kcal a day. So I'll not eat any exercise calories back for 3 days, then I'll just eat 25-50% back. Which from your chart you provided is correct :smile:

Awesome! Best of luck! Let us know if it works!
  • Silentpadna
    Options

No worries! I take my woo's seriously :wink: and try to fix my mistakes.

I do too, but I'm not the wooer this time....
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's the salt. Back of the salt, eat the same foods, and see what the scale looks like in three weeks. Drink a crapload of water to push the excess water out.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your food intake and your exercise burns? Unfortunately it's very easy to underestimate how many calories you consume and/or overestimate how many you burn. That could potentially have an impact on your weight loss.

Additionally, starting a new exercise regime can lead to (temporary) water retention while your muscles repair. Combined with a high sodium intake, water weight could be masking some fat loss.

I just weigh everything. I do also weigh my butter or oil I'm using. I do think I am very accurate. I have just started aqua arobics, kettlebell classes and spin in the space of 2 weeks. I'll leave it a week longer cut my sodium intake, drink more water, see what happens. Thanks

If you just increased your exercise, that will also cause water retention.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It could be poop..lol
    I read today that your colon can hold between 5 and 20 pounds of poop.:)
  • Jayj180894
    Options
    It could be poop..lol
    I read today that your colon can hold between 5 and 20 pounds of poop.:)

20lbs of poop! :open_mouth: that's a lot of poop that the body can hold lol!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why would you salt your toast? :huh: