Any opinions on the Alli pill

Options
So I've started taking Alli in conjunction with my weight loss and exercise and wondered if anyone else is using it and if it works for them?

Replies

• KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    All I've heard it it makes you fart/crap oil and stain your pants. No thanks.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just eat healthy, exercise, and not have to worry about sharting myself.
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

:laugh: Sick! Nothing could be worth greasy farts!
  • Dmax12
    Dmax12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also, when you stop taking it your body will be in "starvation mode" which will cause few calories to be hoarded in the body (Yo-Yo Dieting). It also causes some damage to your intestines.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

Yep. My coworker took it and pooped herself in the office. Now that's my kinda monday!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Watch the ab exercises. Not good when you're trying to keep from sh*tting yourself and yet you're putting a squeeze on your stomach
  • shellyb1229
    shellyb1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Well said.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    High cost for crapping oil. You can eat orange roughy and do the same.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It made me lose 2 pounds in the matter of seconds. Of course, my underwear budget has skyrocketed.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    The sharting/oily farts are so common that I've heard they've been nicknamed the 'alli-oops' by people taking it. I'd rather just cut back on the fat in my diet on my own, and do my diet/exercise WITHOUT crapping my pants....
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Yep. My coworker took it and pooped herself in the office. Now that's my kinda monday!

this is great!!!
    From what I understand it blocks fat absorption, but If you don't eat a lot of fat then I am not sure what it does.
  • abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    I have taken it before- and it's true... if you eat anything with grease or excessive fat, it's gross. It didn't really help as far as weight loss other than the fact that I was "punished" if I cheated. You may have different results- but it wasn't for me!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Sharts are a sure-fire way to measure its effectiveness. Take some prior to a Bikram yoga class.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    When I read on the website that one of the side effects was oily discharge from your @$$ that was enough for me to know it is not something I wanted to take! But - more power to you if it works for you!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

HA. When I was waitressing, the hostess who was taking it did the same thing. Middle of the dinner rush. Not pleasant.

Also, she gained back twice what she lost when she stopped taking it (five pounds / ten pounds).
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    The sharting/oily farts are so common that I've heard they've been nicknamed the 'alli-oops' by people taking it. I'd rather just cut back on the fat in my diet on my own, and do my diet/exercise WITHOUT crapping my pants....

So it's oily alli poop? So is every crap a 50-wiper?
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My cousin used it last year, started in Feb and used it until I think the end of the summer, so September. She lost 40 pounds using it with exercise and healthy dieting. I don't know how much Alli made her weight loss process speed up, but she didn't have a problem with the going to the bathroom area, since she kept her fat or whatever it is under the minimum, she followed the directions and it worked for her. However, a frequent customer where I work came in and actually had her kidneys (almost 100% positive it was kidneys), go into failure because of it....everything has side effects I supposed, Consult a doctor :)

Edit: My cousin has maintained the loss to this day

Edit edit!! :)

I personally wouldn't take it...I would also just follow the rules with low fat and do it the healthy way without it, unless you honestly feel like you are someone who NEEDS to have that physical punishment of crapping yourself if you do the wrong thing...

I try to stay away from pills in general, for fear of side effects x.x
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I think it best not to take any diet pills, Is that the one that's FDA approved, well I don't trust them.
  • LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    I never had a problem with it when I tried it... granted I never took it when I ate more than the recommended fat intake while using it. Since I already eat a low-fat/high fiber diet, I decided to stop using it. It think it made me more hungry. Your body needs some fats, as long as they are the good ones. I would suggest trying it, but don't eat more that 14 grams of fat per meal with it... I have heard horror stories about that. Yikes!
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    wow, interesting opinions, crapping yourself!!!!!! I have friends who take it and have never had this problem- apparently the trick is to eat lower fat foods so that the side effects aren't as bad. Less fat going in = less fat coming out.... or so I'm told.

Any opinions from anyone who does use it or has used it previously?