dani_1977 wrote: »
    **raises hand**

Stress and emotional eater, here

:s

No judgments here!
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Eek I am too. It's caused me to put on a good amount of unwanted weight. I'm working on it though!
  • taunishay
    taunishay Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    maura_tasi wrote: »
    Eek I am too. It's caused me to put on a good amount of unwanted weight. I'm working on it though!

Are you doing stuff to help with the stress?
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I find a few things help me.

Some form of daily exercise, some days its just walking 20 minutes, some days its much more.

But the longer I go without exercise , the easier the stress piles on.

Journal my feelings before I eat in high stress times. So this does a couple of things: 1- makes me identify with being stressed, 2-helps me waste time before making rash decisions

Also, drinking water or tea before eating, also helps stall any unnecessary stress calories

My most high stress times is any time spent at work 9am-5pm . So I meal prep. I drink my breakfast on the way to work ( smoothie) . And the rest is prepped on Sunday. 2 Snacks & lunch this helps so much. I don't like wasting money or food, so there is little chance I will say eff what I brought today and order out.

Lastly, log before I eat. Since I meal prep I can log most of my food for the day, then I see what I'm left with after all that. And I see there isn't a lot of room for extras if I want a decent dinner.

I hope some of these help
  • taunishay
    Options
    I find a few things help me.

Some form of daily exercise, some days its just walking 20 minutes, some days its much more.

But the longer I go without exercise , the easier the stress piles on.

Journal my feelings before I eat in high stress times. So this does a couple of things: 1- makes me identify with being stressed, 2-helps me waste time before making rash decisions

Also, drinking water or tea before eating, also helps stall any unnecessary stress calories

My most high stress times is any time spent at work 9am-5pm . So I meal prep. I drink my breakfast on the way to work ( smoothie) . And the rest is prepped on Sunday. 2 Snacks & lunch this helps so much. I don't like wasting money or food, so there is little chance I will say eff what I brought today and order out.

Lastly, log before I eat. Since I meal prep I can log most of my food for the day, then I see what I'm left with after all that. And I see there isn't a lot of room for extras if I want a decent dinner.

I hope some of these help

Girl! These are all things I need to be doing! I've been running off or walk for an hour when I can, and clean eating, sometimes i would be able to get all my.calories in sometimes not. So the logging before eating is a great idea! I tried journaling, I just was running out of thing I could think of to write to get me back on track, right around my monthly I have to seriously micromanage or I'm stalled for 2 weeks. I do drink peppermint tea before I eat, and drink lots if lemon water through out the day though... so there's that
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    hhmmm,

You know whats up and seem to know the deal. The TOM is something serious. And will cripple me right in the middle of a great on track week. If I don't realize its time, I'll think its stress that Im feeling all out of wack. Then BAM!!

Also when I journal, I'm writing about how I'm feeling and why I am feeling that way. What I want to eat in the moment, what I to do in the moment. I literally addressing the feelings . Not how to change my feelings or get back on track. To me its all about getting the feelings out, kinda like writing a letter after a bad break up when you didn't get to say everything you need to get off of your chest. ( If I lost this journal, who ever found it would think it belonged to a crazy woman).

I'm 45 days back on track, and I definitely do not need as much as before
  • taunishay
    Options
    hhmmm,

You know whats up and seem to know the deal. The TOM is something serious. And will cripple me right in the middle of a great on track week. If I don't realize its time, I'll think its stress that Im feeling all out of wack. Then BAM!!

Also when I journal, I'm writing about how I'm feeling and why I am feeling that way. What I want to eat in the moment, what I to do in the moment. I literally addressing the feelings . Not how to change my feelings or get back on track. To me its all about getting the feelings out, kinda like writing a letter after a bad break up when you didn't get to say everything you need to get off of your chest. ( If I lost this journal, who ever found it would think it belonged to a crazy woman).

I'm 45 days back on track, and I definitely do not need as much as before