Anybody tried Arctic Zero? (ice cream alternative) pls post

Options
Anybody tried this stuff? If so what's your opinion? It's basically a protein shake in ice cream form, and apparently is only 150 calories for the ENTIRE PINT. Evidently there are quite a few flavors, choc PB, pumpkin spice, cookies and cream, vanilla maple, just to name a few.

I found some on Amazon, and they are expanding to other stores. Each pint has like 13g of Protein and 8g of fiber. Their selling point, which I thought was funny and all too true, was that even though a serving size for ice cream is typically a half cup, they KNOW that when you buy a pint of ice cream, you're probably gonna eat the whole thing. :laugh:

Anyway, if anyone has some firsthand experience trying this stuff, I'd LOVE to hear about it.

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Man, you are driving me crazy with these posts. Whole Foods is supposed to have it but every time I go there, they are sold out. I even know what day they get it in and by the time I get there, it's gone. From that alone it must be good.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    Finally found some. I tried the Mint Chocolate Cookie flavor. IT IS AWESOME. Perfect texture, it wasn't very minty but great chocolate flavor. You gotta get some of this. Only 150 calories FOR AN ENTIRE PINT.
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and I here's what I thought. It's not the texture of ice cream at all. It's more icey. I had the cookies and cream one and the color is really gross. It is a strange dark gray color. It doesn't have cookie pieces like normal cookies and cream ice cream, it's just "cookies and cream" flavored. I didn't really like it.

That being said, I still want to try some of the other flavors because I know some other people really love it and it's really low in calories. I'd love to know what everyone elses favorite flavors are!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've heard on three separate accounts that the Cookies n Cream flavor is gross. Thus, I would stray from it. The maple I bet is a safe flavor to try.
    I might order some.. however, the only way I can get it is by ordering 10 at a time on Amazon :noway:
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've heard on three separate accounts that the Cookies n Cream flavor is gross. Thus, I would stray from it. The maple I bet is a safe flavor to try.
    I might order some.. however, the only way I can get it is by ordering 10 at a time on Amazon :noway:
    I saw them on amazon and was curious too but it just seems like way too much of a price for ice cream I'd rather just get my occasional soft serve and fully enjoy it that way if I got a arctic zero pint and didn't like it I'd be stuck with 9 others that I'd waste and be out of my money. If enough ppl raved about the peanut butter flavored one I might get it but other than that, nope!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    People will have different opinions on this and I think that you just need to try it yourself to see if you like it. Like someone mentioned above, the texture is not exactly like ice cream, but I have found that some flavors have a better texture than others. I have tried the Cookies N Cream, Strawberry, Peanut Butter, and Maple Vanilla. I wasn't a fan of the cookies n cream or the peanut butter ones (which was really disappointing because those are my two favorite flavors in general!). They were just very off. The strawberry and maple vanilla ones were much better and those are the ones I have been sticking with. The huge downside is that they are quite expensive, so I only go and buy them when I am having one of those days where I feel like eating a pint of ice cream lol.
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ok this thread inspired me to go out and give Arctic Zero another try. I just had the Vanilla Maple flavor. YUMMMM!!!! It's soooo good!!! it really helps to microwave it for 20 seconds. That makes it a lot better texture-wise. And I even put the Walden Farms Maple Syrup on it. It was amazing!!!! I think I'll be having Arctic Zero ice cream a lot :happy:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    The Vanilla Maple and Pumpkin Spice are the only edible flavors, IMO.

It is good, but really tastes nothing like ice cream. More like a frozen protein shake. Still a good option when you feel like "pigging out".
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The chocolate peanut butter flavor I bought was really disgusting. i had to add Peanut butter, splenda and cool whip on top to stomach it. And if you're going to do all that, what's the point!? Haha. My opinion is you should save your $5 and buy a portion controlled McDonalds or Chikfila 150 cal cone. ;)
  • Nomarfan
    Nomarfan Posts: 36
    Options
    I bought the strawberry and mint chocolate. They are not good. But they will do if you have a sweet tooth.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I ended up ordering the 10 pack from Amazon. It came in and I promptly tried the chocolate PB flavor.
    I was pleasantly surprised. It had a mild, chocolate flavor, just a hint of PB taste.

The texture was lighter than I expected too.

Am hoping the other flavors are just as good.

Sure, it's no Ben and Jerry's, but a suitable healthier alternative in my book. :smile:
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate PB, the maple vanilla was ok, and the coffee was ok. It does the job, and the ingredients aren't complete crap. <3
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about it, and cannot find it's ingredients online. Not saying I need to try it, just curious due to people talking about so much.
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I bought the peanut butter and also the cookies and cream. The peanut butter went in the trash... it was nasty nasty. The cookies and cream was ok. You have to get over the grey color of the stuff. Texture ok, overall it was ok, but would like to try to strawberry before I give up on it completely. Not the best experience thus far.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about it, and cannot find it's ingredients online. Not saying I need to try it, just curious due to people talking about so much.

Ingredients are pretty much the same throughout all the flavors and are as follows:

Purified Water
    Whey Protein Concentrate
    Organic cane sugar
    chicory root (source of the fiber)
    guar gum
    xantham gum
    natural flavors
    sea salt
    monk fruit concentrate
  • iwillbeoneday
    iwillbeoneday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Earth Fare. I've only tried Vanilla Maple, Strawberry , and Chocolate. I had to throw the chocolate one out - it was DISGUSTING. The Vanilla and Strawberry flavors are delicious though. And for only 150 cals for the whole pint - no guilty feelings afterwrads :tongue:
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the bar versions?
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If it's not too invasive, would those who have purchased it please give the rest of us an idea on how much a pint costs? (Include your regional area). I see "expensive" but what are we talking about exactly?

EDIT: Okay I'm seeing $46.13 for a 6-pack online, but I'm more interested in what local (to you) stores are charging for an individual pint.
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying this but if it's 8 a pint jeez! I would hate to get it and not like it at all..guess the only way I'll know is if I try it
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    I get it at the Whole Foods in St. Paul for 4.69 a pint. The strawberry is my favorite. Chocolate PB is the worst. Vanilla Maple is pretty good.