Have you had a stress fracture?

Options
I am sooo upset... that dumb hip and leg pain I have had for a while. Well I finally decided to be less stubborn and go see a ortho/sports med guy .. who thinks I have a stress fracture of the L hip. I have an MRI on Wednesday to confirm it. He did say if I dont have a stress fracture than I can run ...

I am a planner... and so I am trying to calm myself. If it is a fracture... how long will I be off? What exercises will they let me do? How much will it affect my training?

Can someone tell me a happy story ... like they had one and they were fine after a couple of weeks?

Replies

• kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    yes. 4months ago i wore a soft cast on my right foot because of a stupid stress fx. it healed on its own but it was a pain in the butt! it didnt even hurt that bad, just bothered me a bit so i got it checked out and bam.. im fine now.. just started c25k :)
  • RunningAggie
    Options
    My cousin ran a half marathon with two stress fractures, but I don't recommend you follow in her footsteps! Thinking about you!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I've never had one, but I'll be praying you don't have one, so you can keep running.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I've never had one, but I'll be praying you don't have one, so you can keep running.

^^^^^^^ what she said
  • janrup
    janrup Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey, at least you have an idea of what's wrong with you my lovely friend. I still can't flex my ankle, which is still all swollen as well as the top of my foot! I can point my big toe and that's it. I will have to call the ortho back by wednesday if there isn't significant improvement!!! GRRRR!!!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^ what she said

What they said. Hugs!
  • micklepickle61
    Options
    I had a stress fracture of my foot this past spring. It was from running too far on my long run without having the base mileage to support it. That was a good lesson for me. I was out for 8 weeks.

Mike
  • jojogoslow
    jojogoslow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Never had one, just the usual other niggles/hurts/creaks. I hope it heals swiftly, I know I freak out when I can't run and get grumpy :(
    *directs super healing mojo beams at Emmaleigh*
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Never had one, just the usual other niggles/hurts/creaks. I hope it heals swiftly, I know I freak out when I can't run and get grumpy :(
    *directs super healing mojo beams at Emmaleigh*

I'm gonna second that with the "super healing mojo beams" Em!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys -- im trying very hard not to freak out !