Do i HAVE to EAT!?

Options
Do you have to eat ALL your recommend calories? Im set for 2,200. I only ate 1,089 and just checked off my diary. Im honestly not hungry like that anymore.

I forced ramen noodles yesterday just to meet my remaining calories. Well, i ate less than half then chucked it.

But do i need to eat all 2,220 of it (calories).

Replies

• Rooskie73
    Rooskie73 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with the 2,200 you are to be eating?
  • stephslife88
    stephslife88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I dont. I only eat around 12 to 1500 but that works for me. I feel full and have energy to get through my workouts and my day.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Set activity level to sedentary, adjust how much a week you want to lose.. 1lb? 1.5lbs? 2lbs? and just log your exercise. Then only eat back half your calories.. Cause it always overestimates burn.

Do you HAVE to eat them back? No. But if you are eating 1000xalories a day and burn 800.. you will eventually get so weak you won't be able to function..
  • lovelycamacho
    lovelycamacho Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do you have to eat ALL your recommend calories? Im set for 2,200. I only ate 1,089 and just checked off my diary. Im honestly not hungry like that anymore.

I forced ramen noodles yesterday just to meet my remaining calories. Well, i ate less than half then chucked it.

Dustin6047 wrote: »
    There's no way 2200 calories a day will make lose weight. Reset your activity level to something reasonable.

I workout 7days a week. 30 or 45min
  • lovelycamacho
    Options
    I workout 7days a week. 30 or 45min
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    There's a big difference between all and being 1,000 under though, especially when netting under 1200. You do need enough calories to get the required nutrients to fuel your body so it functions properly.
  • lovelycamacho
    Options

But do i need to eat all 2,220 of it (calories). I workout 7days/week 30 to 45min.

Im losing weight, but im just not hungry like that any more

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Because of your normal monthly weight variations - waiting to see what happens eventually over time may be too late if very undereating that it would initially sound like.

Don't imagine a body is going to be happy with a 50% deficit, with or without exercise.

Also - do you have a reasonable rate of loss selected for amount to lose?
    Faster isn't always better, rarely gained fast, don't attempt to lose fast.
    If that was case, cut off a leg or arm and be done with the weight loss.
    What are your stats height/weight/age?

So 7 days a week exercise - 30-45 min.

Not totally useful info to help with.

You going into the gym or the sidewalks and doing the social stuff on the phone while slowly walking 2 mph (seen many doing that) merely to move more (which could be good, but not for great calorie burn)?

Or something that is difficult for you (2mph walking for vast majority would quickly become not difficult)?

And what exactly is saying to eat 2200 calories?
    Fitbit, Garmin, other?
    You set a personal eating goal?

What is your daily life activity outside of exercise, job and other 6-8 hrs and weekends?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options

But do i need to eat all 2,220 of it (calories). I workout 7days/week 30 to 45min.

Im losing weight, but im just not hungry like that any more

How fast are you losing weight?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP can you share more details like:
    Stats (height/weight/age)
    Goal Weight
    Chosen Activity Level
    Chosen Rate Of Loss
    What type of exercise do you do?
    Are you logging accurately, ideally using a food scale?
    Do you eat back exercise calories?
    How long have you been on MFP?
    What are the results you have had so far?
  • lovelycamacho
    Options
    Whats a resonable # to stop @. Im not hungry enough for 2200 cal. I stopped low today; i just wasn't hungry anymore...
  • lovelycamacho
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

Are you losing weight as expected? Faster? Slower? If slower, you need to take a look at your logging and tighten up, because you're eating more than you think. If faster, you're not eating enough and you need to up your calories.

So far, average. Ive just slowed down bc im not hungry. Everyone is coaching me! Lol. This is the best support system ive ever had.
  • lovelycamacho
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP can you share more details like:
    Stats (height/weight/age)
    Goal Weight
    Chosen Activity Level
    Chosen Rate Of Loss
    What type of exercise do you do?
    Are you logging accurately, ideally using a food scale?
    Do you eat back exercise calories?
    How long have you been on MFP?
    What are the results you have had so far?

5"10/24/264
    Workout: 7d/week 30-45 min/session
    Food scales & logging: YES
    eatting back: NO
    Results: 2 to 2.5 lbs/week
  • lovelycamacho
    Options
    I think you are probably overestimating how many calories you are burning in 45 minutes. Regardless, you should be eating at least 1200 calories.

Ive been trying. Its just aftet eatting & eatting, im just no longer hungry.