Low calorie hard candy?

Options
Is there any yummy low calorie hard candy?

Replies

• smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    All kinds. Most (non-diet) hard candies are 10-20 calories apiece, at least the ones I see. I guess it's just down to how many you want to eat.
  • aligazali3497
    aligazali3497 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    They aren't high calories just a lot of sugar.. insulin spike so beware
  • shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The low calorie candy is a lot of sugar? How does that work?
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I like Ice Breakers Sours. They are sugar free and only 2 calories per candy. They scratch my "sweet" itch, so to speak.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like Nips Caramels. They are 30 calories a piece, but they are so hard you have to suck on them. You can't absentmindedly chew them like Werthers.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    Werthers has a hard candy only for about 25 calories and it takes about 10 minutes to finish. I also like the mini tootsie pops at 20 calories each.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Werthers, Gobstoppers, Warheads (if you enjoy torturing yourself)... there are lots of options at the dollar store. I like to have a couple candies in the afternoon to kill my sweet tooth craving.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Werthers hard candy. I love the coffee caramels.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I like Nips Caramels. They are 30 calories a piece, but they are so hard you have to suck on them. You can't absentmindedly chew them like Werthers.

You can, if you don't mind pulling your fillings out. :trollface:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The low calorie candy is a lot of sugar? How does that work?

Sugar is only something like 15 cal/tsp (don't know the grams). Sugar doesn't necessarily mean high-cal. It's associated with high-cal foods because they can contain a lot of added sugar, and sometimes a lot of fat, plus flour in baked goods which can make those particular foods high-cal. Hard candies are mostly small amounts of almost all sugar, so easy to work into a calorie-restricted diet.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Tootsie Pops, baby. 60 long lasting calories of sweet deliciousness.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I like jolly ranchers. I limit how many I keep in my purse, but I enjoy them when I need a sweet fix.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    life savers, only 15 calories a piece
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »

Oh man, I used to love lifesavers but then I bought some for work and....the red tastes like cough syrup, the green is watermelon and not lime, the yellow is pineapple (the only one I truly liked), the purple was raspberry and not grape(??????), and orange was orange. :)

I tried to buy the butter rum next because I remember liking those but office depot didn't have it anymore.
  • cbillings78
    cbillings78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Big fan of campinos
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Werthers!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Jolly Rancher...23 calories each

I'd say most hard candy is low calorie...just depends on how many you eat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    They aren't high calories just a lot of sugar.. insulin spike so beware

Oh noes...your body doing what it's supposed to do...how scary...
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    angmarie28 wrote: »

Oh man, I used to love lifesavers but then I bought some for work and....the red tastes like cough syrup, the green is watermelon and not lime, the yellow is pineapple (the only one I truly liked), the purple was raspberry and not grape(??????), and orange was orange. :)

I tried to buy the butter rum next because I remember liking those but office depot didn't have it anymore.

:D:D:D my coworker said the same thing when she bought a big bag of them, bahaha, I still like them though