Kinda New 1st post/ just turned 40

Options
Been on and off again to My-fitness. Has helped a lot. Need to get back at it. Been running and working out hard but not seeing results I want. Problem is FOOD, need to track it again. Seems to be the biggest difference maker in weight loss. More so then working out. Food tracking starts again today.

Replies

• reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    10% genetics
    10% fitness
    80% food
    it took me until I was 40 to figure it out ;)
    good luck!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 was my turning point as well :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    track is a big key. u could do it
  • msdrogo
    msdrogo Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks! From the looks of it I'm about where you were. Was 198 this morning. 230 (2 1/2 years ago). Would like to get to 185. or drop 10 by labor day.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You just have to do it :D
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    10% genetics
    10% fitness
    80% food
    it took me until I was 40 to figure it out ;)
    good luck!

ME TOO! Is that because after 40 food seems to show up immediately (on your butt, on your gut, on your thighs) and suddenly you realize your body isn't 25 anymore...?? :ohwell: On the upside, your body can still do amazing things when your mind isn't so much in the way like it might have been at 25...at last for me that's been true!

WELCOME BACK!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Introducing myself.
    Tracking is important to me too. Sometimes I take a picture of the food I'm about to eat. Keeps me accountable to my eyes/ proportions.
    Any helpful words for those stopping soda, okay decreasing soda, would be appreciated. I use 1-soda-a-day as a reward at the end of the work-day now. Started today making my soda less ounces............it's a start.
    Zippo
  • sffre
    sffre Posts: 19
    Options
    I turned 40 this past September. My turning point was my size 12 pants were getting tight again and I did not want to get back into a size 14!!! I love food, so I am working on ways to fulfill cravings without ruining my healthy eating habits..
  • sffre
    sffre Posts: 19
    Options

The BIG 4-0 was quite difficult for me and has been a really good turning point as well.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I finally opened my eyes when I turned the big 4-0 (3 years ago) and lost 30#! You've taken the 1st step ~ just take 'em one at a time!!