Do you keep snacks in your car?

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    On long trips I take snacks, usually a pack of seasoned nuts, but not on a regular basis.
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida, so no... I don't really have the option of keeping food in my car, even if I wanted to! Which I don't. :D
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No - I prefer to concentrate on my driving.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    i try to keep 100 calorie pack almonds or peanut butter crackers in my car. I often get hungry on the way home from work. I never know when an emergency may occur and I get stuck somewhere want to make sure I have something to eat just in case. I also keep water in my car in the winter for the same reason. I don't do it in the summer because I cannot drink warm water.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    No. The heat where I live would make food turn gross. Second, only pack snacks if I am going to be away from home for extended period, and usually a passenger in my car, so I can ride and eat if I want to.
  • KeyboardThing
    KeyboardThing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No. The only snack I eat is the dollar M&M's peanuts; if I try to stow away I just end up binging, so you'll never find snacks in my house or car.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    no I don't
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I usually have a small container of Atomic Fireball (cinnamon) candy in my car. I have a long commute, and frequently have one on the drive home. 1 = 30 calories, which I log. And I always drink my morning coffee in the car.
  • TriPaulCantRun
    TriPaulCantRun Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum, used it to help me stop smoking years ago and now I can't drive without it...
  • emailmehere1122
    emailmehere1122 Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't...but since they help keep you awake and we might be driving on the same roads....keep on snacking
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Food is NOT allowed in my car! Ugh! I hate sticky!
  • neilgib28
    neilgib28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    No but I do keep kleenexes in the car

Is that to dry the tears from having no snacks? :D
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I keep some almonds in my car. They help me stay out of drive-throughs.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    No. Eating while driving is dangerous.

Definitely. The last thing I should do is eat anything while I drive. I will pack snacks if I'm on a multi hour drive, but I get off the road to eat them.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No. Because I don't drive much (housewife) and if I did I'd overeat. Also, I live in Dallas. It's 90+ degrees here half the year, any food I left in the car would grow bacteria and not be safe to eat.

When I was working I would keep glucose tablets in the office fridge in case I had low blood sugar, but I never needed them. My blood sugar is usually high enough and I'm insulin resistant enough that I don't get lows (unless I take my insulin, I don't take it unless my sugar is really high and I am pretty good about my letting it get that high anymore).
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    No, but I will buy them for long road trips. Sunflower seeds work really well for keeping me awake while driving.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    How do people need to be kept awake driving for an hour? Are we talking about narcolepsy?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've got Life Savers in the truck. Might have a food bar in there at times as well.

My commute (when I drive) is ~ 5 minutes so I'd really hate to fall asleep in the middle of it. :)
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I keep a granola or protein bar in my car in case I start to feel hangery.