too much protein?

Options
I find myself over on my protein but under on carbs and calories or right where i need to be. Does anyone know, will it affect wt loss at all if you have too much protein? thanks in advance

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    No. You may ingest protein with vigor and pride.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    No. You may ingest protein with vigor and pride.

I know I do.
  • smithak2
    smithak2 Posts: 12
    Options
    As long as your total calorie intake isn't in excess it wont make a difference. Don't be taking in large sources of protein powders to get there though, as there is a correlation between kidney damage and excessive protein supplementation.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,041 Member
    Options
    I never worry about too much protein, because when I'm not dieting I never eat enough. It helps me recover from my exercise too. :bigsmile:

Also, just how much are you considering too much? I include protein with every meal and after workout snack. The day after a particularly intense workout, if my muscles are sore and I feel really tired, a little more protein makes me feel great. I don't track it on MFP, I track fiber intake instead.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You can consume a lot more protein than this site suggests.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You can consume a lot more protein than this site suggests.

The variety of proteins and its sources are astounding. Everyone should be ingesting more protein, IMO.
  • punkinrn
    punkinrn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice, makes me feel better when i see the red negative at the end of the day!