Almond milk good or bad

Options
124»

Replies

• YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My preference comes down to calories and taste. I use almond milk for my shakes because it has fewer calories. But if I'm cooking and the recipe calls for milk, I use skim cow's milk because the almond flavor doesn't always go with everything (like mac and cheese >.<)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    My preference comes down to calories and taste. I use almond milk for my shakes because it has fewer calories. But if I'm cooking and the recipe calls for milk, I use skim cow's milk because the almond flavor doesn't always go with everything (like mac and cheese >.<)

FYI, there are unsweetened almond milks that go really well with savory dishes. Just make sure they're unsweetened and don't include flavors like vanilla.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I drink both, I drink regular milk in the morning, then have a small glass of chocolate Almond milk at nite. It help with my chocolate cravings, and it's lower in saturated fat then cow chocolate milk.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Almond milk has less calcium or very little protein. Are you lactose intolerant?

This is not true of all almond milks. I happen to love Orgain Organic Protein almond milk. It has 10 g protein and 25% of calcium, among other things, per serving. They make an unsweetened and a lightly sweetened variety. I'm not lactose intolerant; but, I happen to love nut milks. It is available online and at Walmart. The color of the milk is a little strange, however :D:D.