What is your ideal on the go breakfast for a very busy lifestyle?

Options
2»

Replies

• Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Ezekial cinnamon raisin english muffin with 1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter. 301 calories, 12 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oats / refrigerator oatmeal a couple days worth at a time. Half cup oats and half cup almond milk in a jar. In the morning you can just add what you feel like that day. Have a punnet of raspberries and blueberries handy and you're set for a few days. Maple syrup is a nice sweetener (I use the plain milk) and you only need a little.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    From low to high hunger level:
    • Coffee (black): 5 cals
    • Apple sauce squeezey thing: 60 cals
    • Banana: 100 cals
    • Hardboiled Eggs (2): 140 cals
    • Granola bar, sweet and salty nut: 180 cals
  • cougargirl1025
    cougargirl1025 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    3 fried egg whites, whatever seasoning you like. throw it in a tortilla. Tapatio if you like spice. Wrap it up and take it to go. 150 calories or so.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things for weekday mornings is egg sandwiches. On Sundays after getting home from grocery shopping I'd meal-prep 10-12 breakfast sandwiches and stash them in the freezer. If you put them in the fridge the night before you need them to thaw, they only spend around a minute in the microwave in the morning and then off you go!
  • khan2187
    khan2187 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things for weekday mornings is egg sandwiches. On Sundays after getting home from grocery shopping I'd meal-prep 10-12 breakfast sandwiches and stash them in the freezer. If you put them in the fridge the night before you need them to thaw, they only spend around a minute in the microwave in the morning and then off you go!

I like the sound of that, easy to make and fulfilling at the same time!
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My breakfast every workday:
    2 cups of coffee (one at home, one in the car)
    1 shake (in the car - usually water, little coconut milk, meal replacement protein powder and this time of year I add 1/4 cup pumpkin puree and a dash of pumpkin pie spice)
    1 cup coconut milk (split between by coffee and my shake)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & flaxseed rolled up in Ezekiel pita, plus kefir.
  • Batemama
    Batemama Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I make baked oatmeal and then divide the portions up for the rest of the week (or freeze them for later for variety). It's easy to reheat and requires no thought as to what I'm going to eat. Budgetbytes.com has a ton of baked oatmeal recipes, though I usually halve the amount of sugar called for.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Protein shake. Flavor varies as I have several different kinds of protein powder. This week is chocolate and banana. Though I'm also partial to salted caramel with a little cinnamon.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats, protein shake, yogurt, or breakfast sandwiches/burritos wrapped and frozen for whenever they're needed.