Do you keep snacks in your car?

Options
13»

Replies

• asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't keep food in my car, it wouldn't last long in the summer! Sometimes I'll keep an Atkins or granola bar, or a snack pack with fruits or veggies with me to prevent me from impulse buying food on the way home from work if I get hungry since it can take me up to an hour to get home some days.
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    No.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    No. I keep glucose tablets in case of low BG, but that is medicine, not snacks.
  • mktom29
    mktom29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My fiancée and I are on the road a lot on the weekends and usually drive late at night, I do keep snacks with me to stay awake!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    We keep a granola bar in the map case, mostly for days when we have been hiking and DH's blood sugar gets too low. We eat one every 3 or 4 months.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No but I should!! Nothing worse than a hunger attack while running errands (and there's always more errands than anticipated lately) or the kids are hungry. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get some healthy snacks in there.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No food in the car! I don't want crumbs in the seats or a sticky steering wheel or bits rotting in the mats. Though you wouldn't see it under the dog hair, but that's not the point. :p

I keep a meal bar in my purse for those "just in case" moments, but generally nothing is consumed in the car except for coffee on the way to work.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't keep snacks in my car for my daily commute. I occasionally do acquire snacks for my long trips with my family.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I already can't keep snacks in my house. If I kept snacks in my car, I'd never stop eating!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    The only time I travel with snacks is if I am on a road trip and don't want to spend money at the rest stops.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No...food is not allowed in my car...it's disgusting...kind of like eating in bed.

Besides, I'm pretty sure I can make my commute without a snack...I'm sure one of the drivers of the obesity epidemic is this constant need to snack everywhere you go.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Nope. No car snacks.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Don't have a car, don't drive...have snacks in my cupboard at work though : )
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I live in Southern California - things heat up when left in the car. I wouldn't want to eat much of anything that had been in there too long...Nope. B)
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Every day no. Trips yes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I keep a snack bar in my bag but don't leave anything in my car.

I'd bring food for a long drive - something longer than two hours though.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    I live in Arizona, so most of the time, it's too hot to keep anything in there. I will take something with me to snack on at work, but that's about it