STAY ON CUT OR START BULK (See pic)

Options
MickyCrispDipper
MickyCrispDipper Posts: 41 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm currently 13.5% BF, down from 19%, I'm really happy, but progress is slowing, been cutting for 4 months, struggling to get the last little bit off.
Calories 2200 (C 165g F 88g P 187g)
I'm 35, 6 foot and weigh 163 lbs, i'd like to get down to around 10-11% hoping my abs will be more defined, should I carry on cutting or start to gain some muscle.
Someone suggested eating at maintenance for a few weeks as my body might of got used to the cut, opinions please???
gojcz0b1oo27.png

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think you look great and don't see a reason to go any leaner. Obviously your opinion on optimal physique might be different than mine. But I can't say that I'd recommend switching immediately to a bulk either. My vote is to switch to maintenance for a while and reevaluate in a month or 2. This will also help you get a really good idea on where maintenance really is for you.
  • MickyCrispDipper
    MickyCrispDipper Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much, I appreciate your comment, yeah I think it's time for maintenance for a bit
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You do look great, and congratulations on your progress!

Is this your first time bulking? If it's not, I'm sure you have a history that might help. If it is, I second the recommendation to go to maintenance and watch your macros. You might be able to do a bit of a recomp that way. In general, a quick calorie jump from deficit to surplus might be a bit of a shock.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Not sure where the "little bit" is -- you look amazing.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You don't have any fat to cut! You look great, I second maintenance calories. Looking at you I don't think your body fat should.be any lower. You're going to intimidate the women lol