Active/Passive "diet" to help with sagging skin?

Options
Hi all.

Have been searching the forums and a quick google search didn't give much outside info.

I came across the link (http://www.activepassivediet.com/aboutus.html) to the active/passive diet official page and read the first chapter yesterday. Unfortunately the website seems to be down at least at the moment. Hopefully it will be up again soon.
To me this theory/approach/diet/whatchamacallit makes a lot of sense and as I have also read that maintaining for 8-10 weeks after losing 10% or 20lbs or more can help the skin bounce back and avoid sagging. Another positive about this is a mental "break" from calorie deficits and learning to maintain.
I gave this some thought last night and decided that once I reach my first minigoal of -14kg/10% I should maintain for 8 weeks while focusing on strenght training, this would be the Passive phase. Then I would lose 10% again and maintain and repeat until I reach goal weight. I have been here 6 weeks and lost 1 kg (approx. 2lbs) per week at average and am thrilled. When I started to count out the weeks, assuming the -1kg/wk would continue I found out that my maintenance period would end just before Christmas, and since I looove food and Christmas I decided I would continue the -1kg/wk until November 1st, maintain for 8 weeks (during Christmas) and start a deficit again in the New Year.

However, I'm finding it hard to find additional info on these subjects so I would really appreciate input from those of you who have tried this systematically, i.e. lost 10% of starting weight - maintained for 8-10 weeks - lost another 10% from new starting weight - etc. Did this help your skin firm up? Did you feel better? Did you maintain/gain/lose during the passive phases?

Is this a logical and good approach?

Replies

• jennys33
    jennys33 Posts: 16
    Options
    bumping for later
  • mommy2halfdozen
    mommy2halfdozen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. I am going to do more research on it. Thanks for the info.
  • thordisintho
    thordisintho Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bumping in hopes of replies :smile:
  • thordisintho
    Options
    I read more from the website and the only thing that seems believable on there to me is losing the weight in steps, giving your body time to adjust every xx kg's/lbs. Will try maintaining for 8 weeks and focus on strenght training from November 1st.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Lose weight slowly 1 to 2 lbs a week and this should stop sagging skin
  • travisporter
    Options
    I agree - 1 to 2 lbs per week. burning more calories and eating less calories as you adjust. Splurge once a week with whatever you want.
  • thordisintho
    Options
    I'm doing that already, so I'm just gonna keep at it :) thanks for the replies