Sticking with it/motivation

Options
Hey guys,
So I am really good on the excersise front however when it comes to eating I can't help but stuff my face!!! Like I literally have no control I get sick of eating the same foods I come off the wagon then I am just stuck In a rut of being fat I get all like right I'm gonna do this then I eat a pizza or something like I don't know what to do any
More please help

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So eat more variety so you don't get bored of stuff... ?
  • bellacoemarcia
    bellacoemarcia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like don't get me wrong I do eat a variety but then I run out of ways and ideas of keeping it nice and flavoursome
  • MickyCrispDipper
    MickyCrispDipper Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    At first it seems like food is going to be boring and bland, but it can still be great, some of my favourites for snacks
    - Greek yogurt with choc protein powder, blueberries, mixed nuts and a bit of ground cinnamon, it's amazing
    - Cracker breads with red pepper humous and spinach
    try and keep to your macros, in the end it'll be worth it
  • TRXRocks
    TRXRocks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    So I am really good on the excersise front however when it comes to eating I can't help but stuff my face!!! Like I literally have no control I get sick of eating the same foods I come off the wagon then I am just stuck In a rut of being fat I get all like right I'm gonna do this then I eat a pizza or something like I don't know what to do any
    More please help
    For the person who asked about the cheat meal the other day. This is another good reason to have a cheat meal. You do have self-control. You just need to practice. You need to decide if you are really hungry or not. Try drinking water instead. That will help.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Like don't get me wrong I do eat a variety but then I run out of ways and ideas of keeping it nice and flavoursome

So find some pals with the same calorie goal or get on Google... it's as easy as you make it.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    How good a cook are you? Because I never get bored of food... I just find new ways of serving it. Chicken is a really good carrier for other flavours, all it needs is a little herb or spice to change the whole thing. Maybe a good cookery book or two would help?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Giving up and getting a pizza.. oh i know the feeling. I recommend keeping easy to prep foods that you actually like. So there are some full size pizzas that are 1,000 calories at costco. They're thin crust margarita pizzas. I usually save about 800 cals for dinner, so if I'm having a "pizza" day, i go for a run beforehand and boom, pizza fits in my calories. Keep yummy foods around with known calories.
  • bellacoemarcia
    bellacoemarcia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You guys thanks! I'm a vegetarian which I don't think helps as like I have to marinate the tofu for actual flavour and when I'm in a rush it's not so easy but I will def be taking all your advice thank you so much ❤️❤️
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian with an open diary, if you'd like to friend me.

I find pre-logging helps me stay on track. It's like, once I've decided to have a piece of birthday cake, I've found something in the database that comes close (though I know it won't be exact, I also know I'll be getting something like a 2" square of something with 2-3 layers and frosting and I look for similar), and it's in my diary, the guilt goes away. I see it, I know it fits my calories, I know I'm not cheating... and when I have the cake, that's all I have. I leave off the sides of guilt and negativity that send me into the spiral of 'off the diet, may as well have all the rest of the high calories stuff now and start over tomorrow... I can't believe how much I ate, I feel guilty and mad at myself and I must numb my emotions with more food. I can't believe I ate even more. I feel guilty and...'

Somehow, putting it in my diary ahead of time lets me skip that whole unhealthy scene. It's 'I want a piece of cake. I can have it. AND I can stay on target with my calories.' And everything just... calms down.
  • sytchequeen
    Options
    You guys thanks! I'm a vegetarian which I don't think helps as like I have to marinate the tofu for actual flavour and when I'm in a rush it's not so easy but I will def be taking all your advice thank you so much ❤️❤️

tofu is also an excellent flavour carrier. I can imagine a very good muttar paneer made with tofu instead of paneer. I loves me a good curry! It's just being that bit more organised and setting it to marinate the night before.

Can I recommend Yotam Ottolenghi for excellent vegetarian recipes?
  • sytchequeen
    Options
    this is one of his..

Black pepper tofu

from www.ottolenghi.co.uk

Ingredients
    800g firm tofu (such as Tau Kwa brand)
    vegetable oil for frying
    cornflour to dust the tofu
    150g butter
    12 small shallots (350g in total), thinly sliced
    8 fresh red chillies (fairly mild ones), thinly sliced
    12 garlic cloves, crushed
    3 tbsp chopped fresh root ginger
    3 tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
    3 tbsp light soy sauce
    4 tsp dark soy sauce
    2 tbsp caster sugar
    5 tbsp coarsely crushed black
    peppercorns (use a pestle and mortar or a spice grinder)
    16 small and thin spring onions, cut into 3cm segments

Method
    You will definitely surprise yourself with this one. It is an extremely delicious
    dish that’s quick and straightforward to make, but looks as if it’s been
    prepared at a top Chinese restaurant. It is fiery, both from the chillies and the
    black pepper; you can moderate this by reducing their quantity a little.
    However, the whole point is spiciness so don’t go too far.

Serves 4

Method
    Start with the tofu. Pour enough oil into a large frying pan or wok to come
    5mm up the sides and heat. Cut the tofu into large cubes, about 3 x 2cm.
    Toss them in some cornflour and shake off the excess, then add to the hot oil.
    (You’ll need to fry the tofu pieces in a few batches so they don’t stew in the
    pan.) Fry, turning them around as you go, until they are golden all over and
    have a thin crust. As they are cooked, transfer them onto kitchen paper.
    Remove the oil and any sediment from the pan, then put the butter inside and
    melt it. Add the shallots, chillies, garlic and ginger. Sauté on low to medium
    heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients have
    turned shiny and are totally soft. Next, add the soy sauces and sugar and stir,
    then add the crushed black pepper.
    Add the tofu to warm it up in the sauce for about a minute. Finally, stir in the
    spring onions. Serve hot, with steamed rice.