healthier versions of chips, ice cream, and candy?

Options
2»

Replies

• MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    my new favorite snack is Townhouse Flatbread Crisps in Sea Salt & Olive Oil with a Garlic & Herb Laughing Cow cheese wedge.

6 crackers are only 70 calories and a cheese wedge is 35 cals. LOW CAL AND DELICIOUS :)

This sounds good!
    Umm, I agree with what she said! ;p
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Also, I stay away from processed foods as much as I can. The only junk food I really allow myself is soft serve ice cream and dark chocolate. Everything else is like a trigger to me. However I usually make pita chips. I take a 1/2 TBS. of Marie's Lite Chunky Bleu Cheese dressing and brush it on Joseph's Flax, oat and wheat small pit bread and then cut it into small triangles and sprinkle with a slight dash of garlic salt or parmesan cheese and toast in my toaster oven on medium till crisp enough and lightly golden brown. I dip them in garlic hommus. So yummy! ...or baby carrots cold in garlic hommus is good too.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Sun Chips aren't bad and actually taste good. I can't stand baked chips.
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream. Ice cream cones from McDonalds (helps with portion control).
    GOOD expesive candy in moderation. I like Dove dark chocolate.
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    I am addicted to chips, ice creams, and candy.
    But I haven't been buying them because they are so high in trans fats and calories.

Chips are one of my favorite snacks ever. I know I will not be able to last if I don't have some kind of chips soon.
    Same with ice cream and candy.

Are there any low-cal types of these snacks I can reach for instead of grabbing cheetos and a hershey bar?

Chips... make your own. Use a spray oil (minimal calories) on thin sliced potatoes or corn tortillas, bake for 10 min.
    Ice Cream... If Dreyer's didn't have their no sugar added 1/2 fat ice creams I'd have gone nuts before getting my ice cream maker.

How many calories do those chips end up being? Sound good.
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    My new favorite is Blue Diamond nut-thins instead of potato chips. Also skinny cow ice cream singles are just the right amount of ice cream for me at 150 calories.

I love the Blue Diamond wasabi almonds. So delicious!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    For savoury crunchy things - roast soy beans, wasabi peas or wasabi bean mix.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the sour cream and chive special K chips. Kind of like a pringle if you can think outside the box.
    THIS!!!!! 27 for 110 calories!
  • mackenzg
    mackenzg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love Pop Chips...small bag has a LOT of chips and its only 100 calories! tons of flavors too...

For ice cream, skinny cow is delish, and they also have new candy out that is SO yummy!
  • McMamma38
    Options
    For my "crunchy food" cravings~~I do Weight Watcher Dijon pretzel thins(110 cal pack pouch--I buy at my WW meetings) or WW Mutigrain cracker thins w/ a 35 calorie light Laughing Cow cheese wedge or a Wholly gaucamole 100 cal.gauc pouch.

Emerald dark cocoa roasted almonds--100 cal pack.

Ice cream~Either Weight Watcher or Skinny Cow

candy~Weight Watchers,sugar free Russell Stovers or Skinny Cow's newest chocolate candy line.I eat only 1 piece occasionally.