Upgrade to premium?

Options
Has anyone paid for the upgrade to premium version of this program?

Replies

• Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have.
  • Ashby1942
    Ashby1942 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering. Do you think it's worth it? I need to track my potassium and the free version doesn't do that.
  • Neisha3011
    Neisha3011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing. I just subscribed to Beach Body on Demand just for the at home work outs and I don't really have it in my budget to pay for both.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope, it does what I need for free.
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    mary702012 wrote: »
    Thanks for answering. Do you think it's worth it? I need to track my potassium and the free version doesn't do that.

Potassium is included in the free version, but it doesn't track accurately because it's not required to be on nutrition labels. So foods could contain potassium but not be listed with potassium in the database because it's not on the nutrition label. Upgrading to premium will not change this.

To see the potassium, from your diary scroll all the way down and click on nutrition. Then you can change tabs at the top from macros or calories to nutrients. Don't upgrade to premium just to look at something already included in the free version.
  • findingbalance23
    Options
    I have it. My fitness pal gives a free 30 day trial of premium. You can always upgrade and see if you like it. It’s helpful to me because I can set a different calorie goal for each day without having to change it every morning. I eat less during the week to splurge during the weekends.
  • Ashby1942
    Ashby1942 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help, all of you!
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    New here. Thanks for this information.
  • stevanooz
    stevanooz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of premium features and seems a great features. but, monthly is to expensive for me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to really read the features and decide on their merits if they're of any use to you. The Premium features are actually pretty specific and so many people sign up then come on here complaining that it didn't do something they thought it might - when it never said it did in the first place.

Your potassium thing is a good example.

Just to be clear - things that are completely identical on free and Premium:

Forums
    Food Database
    Exercise database
    Recipe builder
    Nutrients and Macros tracked
    Number of meal slots
    Integration with fitness bands and the like

Really, the main differences in Premium are:

Ability to have different calorie goals day by day and calorie goals by meal
    Ability to set macros by gram rather than percentage
    Quick add macros and not just calories
    Ability to not have exercise calories add to your day
    Ability to change your dashboard to show chosen nutrients and not just calories
    More reporting features.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Compared to what I spend every year on gym membership, gym clothes, protein powder etc, not to mention my health insurance, massages to keep my crunchy shoulders under control and things like that... I find £39.99 a year for premium to be a good investment in my health.

I have it for the ability to set goals by day and macros by gramme, and would hate to lose these features.
    Not having ads is a nice bonus too.
  • Lynneanddwayne
    Lynneanddwayne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to set my dashboard to show total protein, fat, and carbs CONSUMED, as opposed to remaining? I have had gastric bypass surgery and there is a minimum protein requirement. It would be easier to see how much I’ve had rather than the opposite. I tried the custom setting where you can pick three micronutrients, but it stayed on remaining.
  • Xx_Christie_xX
    Xx_Christie_xX Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I upgraded and paid the annual fee. I found the adds too annoying - I decided that over the year it was worth it as I plan to track every day. Personal choice really.
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ability to have different calorie goals day by day and calorie goals by meal
    Ability to not have exercise calories add to your day
    These are why I did it. The year sub is only a couple of take aways which is how I justified it!