Here we go again

Options
About two years ago I decided I'd had enough and really got down to buiness. I joined MFP and started tracking.

I was so good with portion control and learning about new fresh ways to eat lighter and healthier while still feeling satisfied.

I began walking 1 hour a day 4 days a week and in a matter of 3 months I was 55lbs down and feeling so good about myself.

Then the holidays happened and I let myself use that as an excuse to lose track. I kept saying that I would pick it back up after the holidays but I didn't....
Two years later I've gained every pound back plus an additional 6. I am trying really hard not to hate myself but I am struggling.

So here I am, starting over with Holidays fast approaching... wish my luck guys!

Replies

• QueenToni42
    QueenToni42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I lost 60 pounds last year and gained it back plus more.. now I'm back on it 20 pounds down so far you can do it
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We both can do it!
  • charlzmartin12
    charlzmartin12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know your story all too well. I've yo-yo'ed for years but one vital lesson I've learned is to love and accept yourself. You're not a bad person because you let go and regained weight! Be easy on yourself, say positive words and affirmations to yourself, set your goals and EACH DAY hold yourself accountable without condemnation. Let's support each other and then feel the joy of getting and staying on track!
  • Finding_Deeds
    Finding_Deeds Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I lost almost 30lbs a couple years ago and have gained it all back and then some :(. Back at it this week though, did it once I can do it again right? lol. Good luck on your journey!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    **raises** hand

Lost almost 60lbs. Got back on track several times. Literally lost and gained the same 15lbs-20lbs about 5 times.

When logged back on MFP i was almost back to square.

Use this a lesson. Remember what happened and why.

Im 45 days back in down 10lbs
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP, All the Best, Feel free to add me!!
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words and support. It means so much to know that others struggle like I struggle but still find the strength to keep trying and keep moving forward. I wish you all success! May we all reach our goals!
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You did it before - you can do it again -no need to hate your self, just do what you did before but this time try adding some weight lifting in addition to the walking - Eastcoast Jim