So Next Time I Work Out...

Options
...I need to do it in the morning because I decided to do a workout video when I got home from work a little after 5pm and I burned about 500 calories and now I have over 800 left and I don't want to eat that much before I go to bed cuz I am really hoping for some good numbers when I way myself tomorrow morning. I have been really good at counting my calories and I am still getting the hang of having a regular exercise routine so any help is much appreciated.

Replies

• kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you know you are going to workout later maybe you should log it early and eat more calories early in the day so you are not stuck with too many at night...
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm often exercising in the evening. I eat an extra snack during the day so I usually don't have to eat more. If I do, it's usually a granola bar or something simple.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    holy run on sentence, batman!

I have that problem on occasion as well. I don't like to bank on going to the gym later when I eat my calories.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If you know you are going to workout later maybe you should log it early and eat more calories early in the day so you are not stuck with too many at night...

I usually work out in the evenings. I generally will log and estimate my workout early in the morning so that I can better calorie budget my day.
  • danacromwell1
    Options
    Morning workouts ROCK! I take a 3 mile power walk at 5:15 each morning (M - F). Wakes me up, puts me in a better mood, boosts metabolism, and it's "out of the way" so I can spend my evenings with my kids! Good luck to you.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm a night time workout-er because of years of taking karate classes at night I guess.

Having said that I NEVER intentionally eat back my workout calories. That just seems counter productive to me and doesn't work for me.