New and looking for motivation

Options
I started at 177 and I've lost 16 pounds. Now I'm at a dead halt! Maybe I have slacked here and there, but I think it's gone fairly well! Any advice? Looking to lose 15 more at least. No I don't have a scale to weigh my food.

Replies

• sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    change up your workout routine to something totally different? just a thought... I'm no expert ha!
  • david9800
    david9800 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nutrition is key
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    In my experience, the slacking here and there always stops progress. Go back to what worked :) You're doing great!
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You don't say how long you have held at...

Holding could be due to any number of things - time of month, water, developing muscle at same time loosing fat...

Are your clothes still getting bigger? Even if they stay the same its ok (see above). If they are getting tighter then possibly not so up the exercise?

Main thing is don't give up and don't feel like you are not making a difference. You are - its just that bodies are funny things:)

Stick with it and it will work.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    A food scale is like, $15. Also, if you've maybe slacked, try being overly diligent for just 2 weeks and see what happens.
  • Shamirgrant
    Shamirgrant Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nutrition consistency is key, and will help prevent the slacking we all dread due to being in a routine. A workout out partner helps also to give you that extra push during workouts when you may feel like quitting.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, All the Best!!