Spaghetti question

Options
Just wanted to make sure that is 2 oz 58g dry spaghetti, for one serving or 2. Thanks

Replies

• ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    All pasta that I have seen is dry measure. Amount per serving could change with brands but, that is correct for the brand I buy for 1 serving.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    A serving should be however much you want and/or will fit into your goals. 2 oz will be a decent sized plateful.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    All pasta that I have seen is dry measure. Amount per serving could change with brands but, that is correct for the brand I buy for 1 serving.

Thanks I just wanted to make sure because, like rice and other some dry food makes more then one serving. Didn't know that at first.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Thanks I just wanted to make sure because, like rice and other some dry food makes more then one serving. Didn't know that at first.

Well anything can be more than one serving - just depends on how much you eat. If you make 2oz of spaghetti and eat 2 oz of spaghetti then that's what you'd log. If you eat a different amount you'd log whatever amount you ate.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    nothing to do with that, BUT yum, I just made home made sauce, so yum, I put everything in mine, zucchini. celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, every spice, onions, every pepper, and so much more, oh my house smells divine, now bring out that wine!
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    A serving is just what's on the nutrition label for each food. It changes based on the food and brand. Just make sure to double check each time if you're not sure. If the kind of noodles you're eating reads that 58g (2oz) of dry pasta is 200 calories and you measure out 58g of dry pasta, then it's 1 serving and 200 calories. If you eat 116g of pasta, then it's 2 servings and 400 calories according to the package.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    read the box.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't follow serving sizes any more than to make sure I accurately record how many "servings" I ate. When I make pasta for myself, 3 oz dry or 300 cals is a serving for me. So I log 3 oz or 1.5 servings on the box of pasta I buy.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    58g dry weight is a smallish serving for one person. I think 50g is considered a starter size and 75 to 100g a main course. But it kind of depends on what sort of carb to sauce ratio you like I guess.
  • emailmehere1122
    emailmehere1122 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    read the box.

I don't know why this made me laugh... so simple yet so right on the money