5 bites a day diet hu?? And questions about apple cider vinegar!?

Options
So anyone ever try this , I'm always doing research an trying new things an I came by this 5 bites a day diet apparently it 5 bites of anything you want for a week or 2 .. an people have amazing results but this can't be healthy!?!?!?! I need opinions answers anything!! Also has anyone tried the apple cider vinegar thing , an does it work ... just curious, currently I'm living a prepmeal diet lifting weights an doing cardio!!!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're right - it isn't healthy. Neither is any other eating disorder.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Both are woo diets. ACV does not do anything magical for weight loss and 5 bites diet is not healthy. Bottom line, don't bother with either. Prepping meals works for a lot of folks, and the weights and cardio are a great idea. I'd stick with that.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    In all seriousness, no short cuts. All these things that have the word "diet" in them are scams, and anything that promises fat loss that is not in relation to eating less than you burn, is garbage and money wasters!

The MFP process works, its tried and true it costs nothing but the food the buy and a food scale if you are serious about tracking calories correctly. Keep doing the cardio, strength training and keeping up with you calorie intake and you will see results.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    One of the red flags that a diet is probably just woo is the fact that it's not well defined. 5 bites of anything -- is that 5 total bites of dinner, or 5 bites each of lasagna, bread and salad? I'm pretty sure I could almost finish a piece of chocolate cake in 5 bites if I tried hard enough.

Weight loss is all about energy balance. If you burn more calories throughout the day, in all activities (including breathing, blinking, etc.) than you consume, you'll lose weight. There aren't any tips, tricks or special products that supersede that one basic principle. Set your goals with MFP, track your calories as accurately as you can, and be patient. You'll lose weight.
  • TEXaS_GAL89
    TEXaS_GAL89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    P.s I am very happy with the way things are going , I get down on myself yes but who doesnt, I'm only human , an honestly I've figured out that my weight loss slowed down when I stopped doing HIIT cardio an only lifting weights so , I'm adding that back in to my routine an hopefully things pick up!!!!
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of when my husband offers me a bite of his food and I take the biggest bite possible and hand him back less than half of a sandwich. That would be the only way I could make the five bite diet work.

I had a friend who was doing the apple cider vinegar. That stuff is nasty. Just no.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Acv is great..... as a salad dressing, on pulled pork, as a clarifying rinse for the hair

It does bubkiss for weight loss

Im sorry but as youve already discovered all you need is less calories in than calories going out

If you like eating extra at weekends then maybe view your calorie goal as a weekly thing. Eat a little less monday to friday so you can use those extra cals at the weekend
  • TEXaS_GAL89
    TEXaS_GAL89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Lol woah slow down guys haha I get it, it was just a question I was curious... I am doing pretty good almost down 40lb about 1.5 lbs away from losing 40, I've done this in 5 months with just diet an excercise .. I was just wondering, I mean it sounds absolutely insane I know , n i don't believe everything I read hense me asking the questions lol ... I honestly have a bad habbit of over eating on weekends , so I'm just looking for different ways to curve this habbit ... thanks for all your wonderful replys!!! Well appreciated!! And I mean apple cider vinegar.. is cheap an if it can aid in my weight loss what's wrong with adding it to your diet , have any of you tried the apple cider thing !!! Seriously answer that question .. p.s thanks

seriously apple cider vinegar does not help. stop trying to make fad "diets" and "aids" like ACV work. They just dont
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Lol woah slow down guys haha I get it, it was just a question I was curious... I am doing pretty good almost down 40lb about 1.5 lbs away from losing 40, I've done this in 5 months with just diet an excercise .. I was just wondering, I mean it sounds absolutely insane I know , n i don't believe everything I read hense me asking the questions lol ... I honestly have a bad habbit of over eating on weekends , so I'm just looking for different ways to curve this habbit ... thanks for all your wonderful replys!!! Well appreciated!! And I mean apple cider vinegar.. is cheap an if it can aid in my weight loss what's wrong with adding it to your diet , have any of you tried the apple cider thing !!! Seriously answer that question .. p.s thanks

What's wrong with ACV... if you add to food you are eating and like the taste, that's great! But if your just taking it plain or diluted in some water? First it's gross. Second it's an acid so it's bad for your tooth enamel. Plus for some people it can increase acid reflux issues (for other people it can actually help acid reflux, but most people I've known who tried it for that it's made it worse). And there's really no way to know whether it did anything or not. So just take those couple of extra seconds and admire yourself in the mirror instead :smiley:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    And if you've lost 40 lbs in 5 months, that's awesome! Just do your best on the weekends and don't beat yourself up for not being perfect. You've made amazing progress with nothing but your own effort.