Running out of ideas for breakfast!

Options
koda_102
koda_102 Posts: 21 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
What else can I do besides eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, cereals, greek yogurt, and oatmeal? I am getting bored of breakfast. I'm always rushing out the door in the morning, what is quick and easy?!

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You can eat dinner for breakfast. Truly anything delicious that meets your macros
  • koda_102
    Options
    I usually eat leftovers for lunch though :(

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Wraps are easy and versatile. Mix up the fillings to suit your appetite. For something savory, stick with meat/cheese/hummus/avocado and veggies. For sweet, go with cottage cheese/peanut butter/ nutella/jelly.
  • danayoungot
    danayoungot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried chia seed pudding? I make a few on Sunday, then just grab one to take with me to work (I usually am not hungry right away in the morning). I put 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (coconut almond is my favorite) and 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup in a small mason jar, let it sit overnight in the fridge and then grab it in the morning. It has to sit overnight so the chia seeds absorb the almond milk and it turns into pudding. Depending on what you put in it, it is a 250-300 calorie breakfast that is delicious and filling!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt sprinkled with chopped walnuts and frozen blueberries.
  • valerie7999
    valerie7999 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter with apple or banana, breakfast sandwich, breakfast wrap, vans frozen protein waffles with peanut butter/ almond butter and banana slices on top, trail mix, fruit salad, Greek yogurt with different toppings, veggie omelet with salsa
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Flour tortilla with cheese, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, baked beans on toast, quiche that you make on the weekend and freeze for the week, https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/06/19/110-calorie-crustless-veggie-quiche/
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Change your toast toppings, add different things to your yoghurt (fruit, cereal, nuts etc), make eggs in different ways, have a selection of cereals.

Batch cook meals on a weekend and store them in the freezer. Literally any food can be eaten in the morning..
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Quick oats, two mins in microwave with 1 cup of unsweetned vanilla cashew milk, with 2 tbs of peanut butter and 1tbs of sugar free honey. Delicious!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The quickest and easiest solution, especially as you are rushed for time AND bored of breakfast (even with all those alternatives, that all sound great to me), is skipping breakfast. Technically, your first meal of the day IS your breakfast (you break your fast). No big deal. Eat breakfast at work. Eat what you like for breakfast. Eat breakfast whenever you want. OR you can get up earlier (which means going to bed earlier) and sit down and eat a good breakfast at home. If the problem is time constraint, this strategy will probably make all those alternatives interesting again.
  • lilac_bunny
    lilac_bunny Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like doing a smoothie with avocardo, strawberries, skimmed milk, and vanilla protein powered. Sometimes I do banana, peanut butter and vanilla protein powder.
    I put the milk and fruit in the blender tub and leave it in the fridge overnight. In the morning I just add a scoop of protein powder, blend and go. I usually drink it either at work or on my way to work.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche prepared in advance.
  • samanthasheley007
    Options
    I am usually flying out the door; try 6oz of Trop 50 OJ with 1 scoop of VANILLA Isopure protein powder; I normally add a banana and throw it in the blender but you can mix it with a spoon. Usually I will throw a whole wheat blueberry waffle in the toaster, chug the shake then hop in the car. Quick, delicious, and a good balance of protein and carbs to get your day started.
  • koda_102
    Options
    Thanks everyone!