Eatin dessert every day and losing weight?

Options
How many of you eat dessert every day and manage to lose weight? And what kind of dessert do you have? Sweet things are my weakness

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calorie goal then why not?! I have Weight Watchers desserts sometimes, they're yummy :) There's some pretty nice low fat yoghurts out there too! Popcorn is my go to... I can't watch a movie without it lol... Skinny popcorn of course :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,943 Member
    Options
    I usually have a bowl of yogurt, sometimes with fruit, in the evenings ... about an hour after dinner.

And then toast with honey or a cookie or something later in the evening. :)
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I often have protein cookies or shakes, fruit, frozen yoghurt, a square or two of chocolate. Easy to fit in your daily goals.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can eat nothing but Twinkies and lose weight. What you can do in theory is way less relevant than what you can do in practice; what methods people use for weightloss is not necessarily effective for you; what poeple like is maybe things that you don't like, or things that aren't available in your area.

Eating a lot of sweet things makes you crave it more; deeming sweet things "bad" also makes you crave it more.

Setting sensible boundaries may help you. Look at how many calories you have per day/week (after you've set your calorie target correctly, of course) and administer those calories as you want. You will want to get enough fat and protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber. When all that is taken care of, you may have some calories still at your disposal. You can use them for anything you like. Sweet things are calorie dense, so you can't get a lot, but you can most likely fit in something at least every week.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I eat 2-4 squares of 78% dark chocolate (115-230 calories) every day.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I do. Usually a single serve ice cream or Greek yogurt with crushed cookie thins. It all depends on my cal intake.. the more I have to play with, the more decadent the dessert
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I have a latte with cinnamon and dark chocolate every morning, and Greek yogurt with berries most afternoons. Sometimes Halo Top. I also sometimes make room for one half of a chocolate chip cookie. I'm diabetic so excess sugar is a problem for me, but I was really really wanting a dark chocolate chip cookie, so I figured out how to make it fit.

I can't really eat a typical "dessert" after a meal, since about 45g of carbs is all I can handle at a time without blood glucose spikes, and most desserts are that or more, on top of whatever carbs were in the meal. I have to plan to eat my dessert at a time when I haven't already filled up on carbs, and pick things which I can handle. It makes birthdays really annoying, since I can't eat dinner and then eat cake and ice cream, which is what my family normally does.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I have greek yogurt mixed with cacao powder for a chocolate hit. In this I add whatever fruit and nuts I feel like that fit into my remaining calories. I'll add some sugar free jelly into this also for volume without calories. For me it is guilt free as it fits within my alloted calories while being high in protein and healthy fats.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't eat dessert every day because I don't feel like it every day. If I did, it was within calories, and I felt it was worth the calories, sure, why not?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Most days I have a protein ice cream like Enlightened or Halo Top.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I've been earing dessert every day after dinner. Mostly icecream but others as well. I spend around 100-200 cals for dessert. Also I eat lots of fruit.
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dads oatmeal cookies with my tea, I kiss them if I don't have any for a couple days lol.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I have a massive sweet tooth, so I have some sort of dessert more often than not. I’m a fan of halo top ice cream, Ben & Jerry’s froyo, kettle corn, etc. I also favor volume.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sure, I just work it into my calories. Usually I only want dessert 3-4 times a week though.

A handful of Trader Joe mini peanut butter cups, half a pint of halo top, a piece of baklava, a brownie, a few Thin Mints in cookie season (those I have to freeze to keep from eating them all at once).