cant use all my calories

So I know we are supposed to really stick to our calories, especially since mine is only 1200. I try. Honestly I do try. I eat, and I eat some more. Today at the end of the day I wasn't hungry, but still had over 200 calories left, so i had a banana and some almonds. I did my regular brisk walk, logged it and once again I have over 200 calories left. I can't eat anymore!!!

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    I do that, semi-regularly. I don't eat back all of my exercise calories bc I know MFP says I burn more than I do. I eat so I'm not hungry, but I'm not going to continue eating just to please the MFP gods in the sky. That isn't healthy. Don't harp and don't worry about it. 1200 calories is A LOT if you are eating clean (as I learned) and it can be hard to eat all of them. I told a woman I work with that when I tried to eat all 1200 calories and eat totally clean, I felt like a cow out to pasture before slaughter. I just couldn't manage it all. Then some days...I have to exercise like mad just so i can eat more.
  • Haha I wish that was my problem! I ran and burned over 300 calories and I still want to eat sweets but I'm not hungry but as long as I don't go over my calories I'm fine haha:) you're doing great!
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Thanks... i'm glad i'm not alone.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    I've already eaten them for you. :smile:
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    I've already eaten them for you. :smile:

hahahahahaha!!!!! what great friends I have!!
  • Fatalony
    Fatalony Posts: 1 Member
    I might be wrong, but when I was reading, I was under the impression that the first 1200 are important to eat because they should cover your daily nutrients and all. If you workout and gain a greater difference, that's just room to wiggle if you have a desire to. Those extra calories you 'earned' don't HAVE to be consumed... Unless of course, it's a huge disparity and you are close to exercising yourself to death, in which case your body would need extra nutrients on top of what the 1200 gave you.
  • I basically take it day by day. Some days I am hungry while other days I am not as hungry. I usually use a few exercise calories, but I rarely eat them all. I don't think you have to eat all your exercise calories back. If you are eating 1200 thats alot and I don't believe your body is going into starvation mode. Some days I eat 1300 and other days 1500.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 904 Member
    Listen to your body, it'll tell you what you need, and when you need it! Just be sure that you are getting all of the nutrients.
  • Tinks2007
    Tinks2007 Posts: 62 Member
    Really good to here others saying the same thing, as when I exercise thats what I worry about that I have to many calories left as I find it hard enough to eat the 1200 when being healthy :)
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    I am lucky to reach 1100 calories, and I am eating pretty healthy...high lean protein and low fat dairys and vegetables, and I feel like I am constantly eating, but I just cannot reach 1200 most days. I have severely cut back on exercising to burning only 200-250 a day just so my deficit is not too high.

For so long, I worried about reaching that 1200 magical number, and stressed over it...and I was not losing. I was told to up my calories, and I did....still nothing. Now, I am finally losing because I am not stressing over how many calories I get or don't get...I do what feels right for my body and what my body tells me, and go from there :)