150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    chicken on a stick, tasty
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    cwilber1 wrote: »
    Thanks all! Wish me luck!

Please update us when you know how it went! Maybe it will help future people navigate the same kind of situations.
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had Chinese earlier in the week, I went over my calorie goal to lose 2 pounds a week but under for 1 pound a week. I put on 7 pounds and still have 1 pound to go to get to what I was the morning I ate it. I'm not doing that again lol not for a long time. Lol
  • cwilber1
    cwilber1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Things went great! I had 2 spring rolls (108 cals), 3 pieces steamed peking ravioli & dipping sauce (257 cals), 2 cups vegetable chop suey (282 cals) and 1/2 cup steamed white rice (100 cals) along with 1/4 cup pineapple chunks. Also had water and some diet soda. All was delicious! Thanks for all the advice, everyone.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Chicken, veggies, rice - all good!
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    cebreisch wrote: »
    CHicken with garlic sauce and Mongolian Beef are two of my favorites.

There are a lot of chicken dishes that come with the chicken fried. Once my family went to P. F. CHangs, and my brother ordered the sesame chicken with I think he called the Velvet Chicken. It wasn’t battered or fried. I LOVED IT!!! Since then, anytime I go for Sesame Chicken, I ask for that.

Stick with either brown rice or steamed rice. I typically don’t eat much of it though. Having the protein, onions, peppers etc. is so much better. THe sesame chicken at PF CHangs had some roasted bell peppers in it that were YUM-MY!!

Make sure you drink LOTS of water to counter act the amount of sodium though.

One word of warning - PF Chang's sesame chicken is a perfect example of a dish you might expect to be healthy but that really isn't. You're right that it isn't breaded and fried but it does come in a sticky sweet sauce and one of the first steps in classic chinese stir fries is to 'velvet' the meat. This is basically marinating the meat, tossing with cornstarch, and then frying in oil before adding it to the actual stir-fry. Not every place does it, but it isn't uncommon.

PF Chang's portion sizes can be relatively large but note that the 'unfried' sesame chicken contains about 1000 calories for the entree portion (before the addition of rice or any sides). Lunch portions are much more reasonable.
  • cwilber1
    cwilber1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I see your point. Ethnic food at a restaurant can be a mystery to me at times. I love to cook it at home, but we all know eating out isn’t the same calorie wise. I was nervous, but tried to keep it in perspective - and I did! The encouragement I got from you all was so helpful. Thanks again!
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Just beware with all that soy sauce you will be eating a lot of sodium. You may see a spike in weight for a few days. I know I did. Shrimp with Lobster sauce, and a little rice. Super low calorie, but i.gained 2 pounds for 3 days, then it, along with more was gone.
  • hebergman
    hebergman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    anything steamed and sauce on the side