Eatin dessert every day and losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Zhatan
    Zhatan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I was cutting hard, 1200 kcal a day, I was not able to fit any dessert in but now that I have slowed down and eat 2000 kcal each day I have some spongecake or chocolate cake with my coffee.
    It works fine if you just keep to your total daily calories.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I grab myself an ice cream cone from mcdonalds on the way back from the gym. My little reward for a job well done.
    Sometimes on the way home from work, I'll do the same. For no particular reason except I love them.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Dessert every day here.

My go-to is the Skinny Cow Salted Caramel Pretzel Bar

I will also have a Yasso yogurt bar if I need the dessert to be less calories.
  • Bealey2011
    Bealey2011 Posts: 29 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have a mini magnum ice cream lolly almost every day :)

Or I have a fat free lemon flavour greek yoghurt poured over 2 mini meringues...delicious and both deserts are no more than 150 cals.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I plan and pre-log a snack into most days of the week, and I've lost about 20 pounds with MFP over the last several months while doing so. Sometimes it's a savory snack like chips or pretzels (usually ends up at about 150 calories), but most of the time it's a dessert like ice cream/gelato or a homemade dessert (200-350 calories). If it fits within your calorie goals and helps you to stay motivated and on track, then having a dessert is perfectly fine.
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I make myself a sweet overnight oats recipe as my bedtime snack. I generally flavor it with a yummy protein powder (current one is pumpkin spice :) ) and add frozen raspberries. Feels like dessert, clocks in around 260 calories.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I eat homemade brownies like crazy. My absolute favorite. I don't eat them everyday but I still do have them and I lost 24 pounds!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    For a box of brownies and all the ingredients added in the recipe builder one brownie comes in at 101 calories and I usually have with a glass of milk!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For a box of brownies and all the ingredients added in the recipe builder one brownie comes in at 101 calories and I usually have with a glass of milk!

For one bite? lol
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Think I might try some of these protein balls for a sweet healthy snack
    http://www.drozthegoodlife.com/healthy-food-nutrition/healthy-recipe-ideas/g823/protein-ball-recipes/?slide=6
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't have dessert every day mostly because prefer ice cream to anything else, and I just don't always have Ice cream in my freezer, but when I do its Magnums or halos every day
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Aw0627 wrote: »
    I don't have dessert every day mostly because prefer ice cream to anything else, and I just don't always have Ice cream in my freezer, but when I do its Magnums or halos every day

I eat a big bowl of nicecream everyday lol. Can pretend its a meal XD Frozen bananas blended with cinnamon and cocoa powder poured over frozen blueberries frozen for a bit and topped with chocolate PB2. Sometimes ill literally use it as a meal and add some protein powder. Treat it like the worst "protein shake" ever. Like a newbie shake thats all fruit hahaha. The blueberries bulk it up so much and add texture its like a blizzard xD Mmmmm
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Most days I have a serving of Halo Top on a cake cone. It's under 100 calories and I just work it in to my budget.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Nope for a box of brownies 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and two eggs and instead of 1:9 I make it 1:12. It equals out to 101 calories for a brownie!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I recently mixed a pack of sugar free lemon Jello with 1/2 cup water to dissolve, stirred in 2 cups fat free Greek yogurt and let it set up. Top with lite cool whip. Tastes just like lemon mousse for less than 100 calories.
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I bake my own desserts and look for substitutes for sugar, oil, and butter. I generally halve the sugar and use stevia for the other half. Use yogurt for the butter perhaps and unsweetened applesauce for the oil. Doing this I can make 120 cal baked apple fritter and a 200 cal cinnamon roll. I use unsweetened applesauce with the spices for the filler instead of butter. Always look for dessert recipes and figure how lo-calorie you can make them using subs.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I was never much for sweet things, but since I started losing weight (30 pounds down as of this week, woo!) I've craved a little more sweetness, so I usually have a handful of jelly beans just before bed. Since I've started jogging in the morning, I've also been adding a chocolate to my afternoon meal, usually a lindor truffle.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I don't have a treat everyday but when I want one I eat it. As long as I hit my protein goal and stay in calorie range it doesn't affect my progress at all. I still maintain my muscle mass and shed some of my fluff.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    No desert for me.. I have self control issues. If I could stop at just one slice of cheesecake, I'd fit it in. Till then, no cheesecake allowed in my house!
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    0% fat Greek yoghurt with hot, cooked berries or cherries

every day pretty much, its delicious and I have a decent size portion

150 to 200g fruit with 350 to 500g yoghurt