Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Bacon. :D
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Bacon, green (Orange, yellow, and/red pepper), green onion, shredded chicken, shredded cheese....list is kind of endless. You can put almost anything in eggs. Personally i like mine plain most of the time.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Oats, protein powder, zucchini, baking powder, green banana flour. All blended and made into pancakes.

Or whatever vegies are hanging around in the fridge, with cheese, bit of bacon... Frittata is a delish, easy Sunday dinner.

Or put the eggs in a spicy tomatoey, vegetabley, beanie sauce to make shakshuka.

• Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm not really an egg eater but you can literally put anything in eggs, all veggies, any kind of meat, and even some grains. If you need some inspiration check out Pinterest they have tons of recipes for eggs and in general whether it's low cal, paleo, whatever they have it
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Salsa! Ham and hash brown is a good combo too. Or bacon and broccoli. Tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella. Sometimes I'll just take whatever leftovers I have in the fridge and use that, especially if it is a pretty small amount of leftovers.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream, smoked cheddar, salt & lots of black pepper, scrambled in the microwave.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sauteed onion, diced ham, gouda, a little milk, scrambled on the stovetop.
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    English muffin with egg and one slice of bacon. Pretty good breakfast for me.
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and oats are really good and filling.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Something as simple as herbs can make a world of difference. Try sunny side up with oregano.
  • lindamo13
    lindamo13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to saute' green peppers, red peppers and onions with eggs. Chilis are great saute'd with eggs. Salsa is good to put on top.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Omlette with chilli flakes
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I second the salsa idea! I make eggs with salsa, black beans and sweet potato hash quite a bit.

One idea that's really different - scramble 2-3 eggs or egg whites in a bowl, add 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, some maple syrup and 2 tbsp ground flax. Mix then add to a frying pan on medium heat. Cooks into almost an oatmeal like consistency. Add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or nutmeg... I like this scramble for breakfast along side a couple sausage links and a cup of hot tea.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Lot's of yummy suggestions here. Sometimes I'll just add some smoked paprika to give an egg a little zing. Also, I like to sprinkle on some onion powder.
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like to add garlic powder in the eggs with loads of cracked black pepper, then avocado and franks on top.
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love chopping up some red bell pepper and putting it in my eggs! Eggs with a little bit of water or milk, seasoning to taste, cheese, and turkey bacon as a breakfast sandwich is my go to. I like putting hot sauce on my eggs as well.
  • shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I keep chopped spinach in the freezer because it's fast and easy to add to eggs.
  • MaryQueen26
    MaryQueen26 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    All of the above! However, if I want something quick some hot sauce on top of scrambled does the trick!
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Pico de gallo