Easy way to meet my deficit or should I just call it a night

Options
Calories 560 Carb 85 Fat 24 Protein 24

I need to eat most of that ( I earned 701 calories from exercise today) because I am nursing and only want to lose 1ish lbs a weeks.

So is it too late to eat or can you suggest some things that are easy to get a little closer to my calorie need.

Thanks!

Replies

• SherryLynn82
    SherryLynn82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if its late and I'm still quite a bit under, I'll drink a big glass of milk. Healthy and yummy and takes up some of those extra calories.
  • GypsyRose25
    Options
    If you have any nuts, those would work...
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Nuts, especially almonds are good, if you don't have allergies.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    almonds or peanut butter.
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The best thing that I ate while nursing was cereal. If you want to get the fat, you can use whole milk, but I think skim would be fine too. And if you aren't hungry, call it a night! Your body will tell you if you need to eat. Just make sure you are getting plenty of water.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    nuts, cheese, chocolate, eggs, bananas, olives - and the one to beat all others - peanutbutter!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You are not "meeting" your deficit by leaving 560 calories. You already have a deficit. Your deficit if you leave those 560, would be 1060 if you're already set to lose 1 lb per week. You should at least eat half. You could eat that EASILY. One banana is 100 calories, 2 tbsp of peanut butter to spread over it (or dip) is about 190. That's half.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of spoons of pb last night....felt so much like cheating but was well within guidelines.
    Nuts are great, too!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What I just finished eating as i read your post!

1 cup natural vanilla ice cream with a small handful of almonds on top! was about 350 cals!

calcium, protein, carbs and some fat!

Sleep well :)
  • BRoth1987
    Options
    Banana and peanut butter with almond milk it is! Thanks everyone!
  • Dmax12
    Dmax12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Protein or fruit shake, 10oz can net you 600 cals easy. If you find this is common for you get liquid meals (slimfast, ensure, etc). they are awesome in a pinch and since your eating for two, the extra nutrients will be a great help.
  • BRoth1987
    Options
    Good idea! I should pick up some protein powder!