Curves Free Week? Have you done it?

Options
I am curious... I want to try out the Curves in my city and do the free week. But are you allowed to do just that without any other info? Like credit cards, etc? Anyone know?

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Usually, yes. But - it depends on who owns/runs it.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I think I may look into it. I don't have the money to join right now.. but if I could get a free week at a gym.. Id take it! (Esp just to see if I like it.. maybe later when I have more money, ill join!) Thanks again.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You don't have to provide money or a credit card at the time. However, they do make you go through the rest of the initial intake process ... filling out all the papers, doing the measurements, having someone do the first workout with you. Then when your first week is done they have everything and it's just a matter of you paying whatever. I would make sure that you center doesn't have any other promotions going on that wouldn't benefit you more. Some centers say if you take the first week free you aren't eligible for other promos like no sign-up fee or whatever. You also should ask you center if they limit how often you can come during that first week. I am someone who likes going everyday, but they assume you will only come in 3 times during the first week.

Hope this helps. I used to work at one of them!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a former Curves coach and a free week when I worked there about a year ago was completely free. No credit cards or bank account information was involved. I'm sure it just depends on the owner but I'd call ahead to find out to just be sure. Curves is a great workout for women and I had great results with it. It's definately worth trying out for free. Good luck to you:)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I did it several years ago and there were no strings attached, but they tried darn hard to sell me and they did. I went for a little bit and then decided it wasn't exactly for me anymore. Plus, my work had a free gym. haha

I think Curves is awesome for women who are just getting into the gym thing and aren't comfortable with a typical gym, are not very fit and are looking to slowly increase their fitness, or have ADD when working out. (everything was 30secs, then on to the next) I really think it helped me through some little tough spots and got my courage up to be able to go to a "standard" gym without feeling like I didn't belong. Many of the women were buddies and of varying age. It really did make me feel like I could do it.

Not that you asked if you should do it, but I thought I'd add my 2 pennies on it.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I think I may look into it. I don't have the money to join right now.. but if I could get a free week at a gym.. Id take it! (Esp just to see if I like it.. maybe later when I have more money, ill join!) Thanks again.

I don't remember the price of when I was there (plus it's moot since that was like 4-5 years ago!). But I do recall finding some "real" gyms that were cheaper.

In the end, it was a little pricey, but without it I probably wouldn't have even started working out.
  • jjcarpenter
    jjcarpenter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Typically, you can do your free week with only a liability waiver and a health history on file. You will most likely have the option of trading in your free week for a discount on your first visit if you decide to join then. (This disclaimer is usually on the bottom of their print ads.) However, if you just want to do the free week, you should be able to without giving them any payment information.

Personally, I love Curves ... I joined last year and worked out sporadically until a couple of months ago when I made up my mind to stop fooling around and lose some weight already! (also when I found MFP) :happy: The CurvesSmart technology (you can ask the club about it if you go for your fitness assessment and tour) has really made a difference for me in tracking my progress and keeping my workouts consistent, and by using it, I have burned as many as 490 calories in a 30 minute session. Good luck!
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. You guys have been so much help!! I am going to call down there tomorrow I think!! Thanks again!