What's the weirdest DIET food?

Options
2»

Replies

• atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Black beluga lentils. Eeew. (And I can pretty much eat anything.)
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Nori.

It's seaweed made into black paper. Hop over to your nearest co op to get it-- You will probably gag :D !

Nori is dried seaweed, so not black paper, just dried. :) I snack on it all the time and find it really yummy.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Canned sardines, in Louisianna Hot Sauce. Yum!

Yeah I eat tinned sardines in tomato (I wish we had hot sauce) straight out if the tin for a snack when I'm dieting.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles - never before had I had noodles that smelled like fish... And, I WON'T be having them again!
    i agree with this. i bought 3 bags and ate one but i just dont have it in me to eat them. i rather have 2oz of whole wheat pasta any day.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Nori.

It's seaweed made into black paper. Hop over to your nearest co op to get it-- You will probably gag :D !

Nori is dried seaweed, so not black paper, just dried. :) I snack on it all the time and find it really yummy.

Nori is great, especially when made into sushi!

I have to admit that I *do* like shiratake noodles (if you rinse them well, the odd smell goes) - they make a great pad thai. :bigsmile: I wouldn't use them as a pasta substitute though - there's nothing wrong with having pasta as far as I am concerned - however, in a dish appropriate for them, I think they're great!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Kale. Maybe not "odd" for health nuts, but it grosses my husband out and prior to me losing the weight, the only place I ever seen it used was to "decorate" at buffett style restaurants. LOL. I eat it in zip loc baggies at night while my husband munches on his chips. I think I've grossed him out enough to stop eating the crap he puts into his body.
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You're welcome!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    What's the weirdest diet food you have had while trying to lose weight?

For me, it's Campbell's split pea soup. I have never had it before and although it's not really a "diet" food, the only time I've ever had it is when I began my diet so to me....it's my weird diet food choice lol. This soup smells the whole office up and wow, what an interesting smell haha!
    Actually it would be pickles. They really don't have much nutritional value and are high in sodium, but help with food cravings and that's what some people need to stay within their calorie limits.
  • lanamilo
    lanamilo Posts: 15
    Options
    I really love Shiratake noodles too. Drain, rinse thoroughly, drain again. Throw in a hot skillet and "fry" them in the skillet to cook some of the water out. I don't add anything to the nonstick skillet.

I add a little soy sauce, cut up sirloin steak, tomatoes and other veg. Makes a great stir fry. The noodles absorb the soy sauce, the juice from the meat and tomatoes. Yum.
  • BigZ486
    BigZ486 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Low-sodium V8 juice, easiest way to get a day's worth of veggies in. I used to loathe the flavor and drain it as quickly as possible and immediatley follow it up with water to rinse out the taste, but I've grown to almost like it.
  • punkinberi
    Options
    Cartons of egg whites. Almost pure protein, but my god the consistency of eating JUST the whites from a carton similar to what you get milk in is disturbing :/

this i totally agree with!!! i tried having it for breakfast for a whole week and i didn't last. i need to crack eggshells into the pan. hell, i'd even eat the eggshells than eating eggs from a milk carton.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Coconut WATER. It reminded me of old, wet towels and puke.

::hork::

I work for a day spa, and we offer coconut water to some of our guests after having a cocoon or other body service. It's got natural electrolytes & all that. So of course I had to try it. Ours is flavored with orange and passionfruit, but it was still awful. I told one of our directors how bad it tasted, and she told me to drink it with lots and lots and LOTS of ice...must be to water down the taste. LOL