Options
2»

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Steak and hot pepper stir-fry over greens
    Cauliflower and cheese "faked potato" soup
    Roasted sprouts, green beans, and bacon or ham. Throw that poached egg on top.
    Turkey, ham, and cream cheese roll-ups
    Peanut butter protein shakes or pancakes made with protein powder
    Smoked salmon and cream cheese roll-ups on cucumber slices
    Cottage or ricotta cheese with salsa and avocado
    Sashimi and miso soup

Leftovers
  • TheRealBigPapi
    TheRealBigPapi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Getting some good ideas I had not think about!
  • MissMandyT85
    MissMandyT85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I make a quiche too. You can really do whatever you want in there. Eggs, sausage, milk and cheese. Or add onions if you like them or anything you want. You can make as much or as little as you want. It's nice and easy.
  • kellyshortall
    kellyshortall Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    High protein bread? With peanut butter and zero sugar jam
    Minute steak and fried egg
    Porridge oats with almond milk and vanilla protein powder
    Protein pancakes : oat flour, milk/cream, protein powder, eggs served with berries greek yogurt and stevia
  • jaclynwf007
    jaclynwf007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    No such thing as breakfast food. Eat your "dinner" for "breakfast". Somehow ppl have been programmed into thinking that breakfast means cereal or eggs for some stupid reason.

Coz it made a fortune for the breakfast food companies. And John Harvey Kellogg invented and marketed Corn Flakes to help prevent 'self pleasure'.

Soooooo true!!!!
  • danielleleach21
    Options
    I just joined and im already excited reading all the ideas and seeing the way everyone supports one another!
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    good protein shake? Add some almond milk, greek yogurt, and berries - I like the Orgain vanilla plant based protein powder- I'm not low carb now but did it in the past and used this protein powder a lot (and still do)

https://www.amazon.com/Orgain-Organic-Protein-Powder-Vanilla/dp/B00J074W7Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1505084104&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=orgain+organic+protein+powder&th=1
  • amylsmith1
    amylsmith1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I switch it up. Eggs over easy with jalapeno peppers and a slice of pepper jack cheese. Another day scambled eggs with cheddar shredded and a piece of bacon. Another day an omelette with salsa and a tbsp of sour cream. Or I make hard boiled eggs diced with avocado and hot sauce as like a cold egg salad. I also flavor my eggs with a sausage if I don't use bacon. Sometimes I just veto eggs and go for some avocado, or a half cup of Greek yogurt.
  • TheRealBigPapi
    TheRealBigPapi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just came back from a 10 day trip to Paris, Madrid and Barcelona...I couldn't help it...gained 5 pounds...but the food, the wine and the experience was worth it. Now back to my routine, thanks for all the ideas...it will definitely make it easier...i think I had my fill of bread for years anyway :blush:
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Have a steak. Some sausage. A chicken breast. Some salmon. "Breakfast food" as a concept is a crock. Eat food.

Yes, hell I eat Atkins stuffed peppers for breakfast sometimes lol. Eat a grilled chicken salad for breakfast or I'll even trade for a meal replacement shakes sometime when I'm tired of preparing or buying my breakfast in the mornings.
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Make cauliflower hash....Chop up raw cauliflower, saute it in a pan with some olive oil or butter until it begins to soften and brown on the edges. Add cooked sausage or bacon for extra protein. I love to season mine with sriracha, but you could also use other spices as well. I know you said you're tired of eggs, but this dish is also great with a couple of poached eggs or fried eggs on top. Enjoy!
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Eat eggs for dinner. Maybe you just need a different perspective for when to eat eggs. My favorite meal so far: Sardines (saute) with red onions, fresh baby carrots, salad, and 2 to 3 over-easy eggs! Every time time I eat this meal for dinner I tend to lose a few ounces to a pound...Something about this combo is well--magical! Give it a try.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    prawns, scallops, trout, herring, smoked haddock... all manner of delicious seafood options

seafood is eaten all over South East Asia for breakfast, although they do tend to have rice with it

but you can make soup, or kebabs, plain grilled with a dipping sauce, pan fried with ginger and garlic

How about a plate of oysters with lemon juice and tabasco? Or a fresh grilled mackerel with horseradish?

Then you have tuna either grilled or raw in sashimi. Whilst you're at it what about salmon? Poached with a Hollandaise sauce?

A steaming bowl of mussels? yummy

What about a homemade hamburger wrapped in lettuce filled with whatever you like?

Loads of ideas there, hope they catch your imagination
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stick to a no to low carb life style. The hardest is breakfast as I am getting tired of eggs...omeletes, sunny side up, scrambled, etc. I have greek yogurt as a snack and trying to avoid too much fruit due to the sugars. Toasts are looking better and better as the days go by... >:) Any ideas to add some variety to my breakfast?

Pinterest.com or Hungrygirl.com Skinnytaste.com
  • derry1
    derry1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You say that you cannot eat fruits. Berries are low in sugar.Raspberries, blackcurrants, strawberries. I have these with sliced almond nuts and full-fat cream or Greek plain yogurt. Mushrooms sliced bacon, tomatoes, avocado. Sausages and mushrooms. This may seem weird but try this, it's delicious nice on a winters morning. Whip two eggs up into a bowl, add a little cream, add berries, little sweetener to your taste, add cinnamon and a touch of nutmeg. Put all into a skillet and fry as you were making an omelet. This is actually called "A sweet berry omelet" I call it my comfort food without the guilt.