Do you bother weighing yourself if you're on your period?

Options
I don't personally see the point because our weight will fluctuate around this time any way but I'm still curious!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    ^^same. I find that alcohol and bad food decisions effect my weight more than my hormones!

Same here. I repeat over and over that hormones will affect a woman's weight but for me, personally, they don't affect my weight too much. It really varies from woman to woman.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I usually lose when I've actually got it. I tend to see a marginal gain on the scale a week or so before. (In the past, during TOM, I had, to put it delicately... stomach issues. Or a lot more calories out than usual. Lately, that's been reduced, either thanks to weight loss, strengthening my core muscles, or both.)
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yes. My weight goes up a couple days before and then down the day I start. I don't pay much attention emotionally to the fluctuations, but I do like seeing it go down.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Yes, as others have said.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Mine are due in 5 days. I'm not going to bother weighing myself again until they start. Fluctuations, water weight etc etc Do not interest or fascinate me, especially when they are way higher than normal.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Good god no! I can bloat up to 10lb in water weight. The upside is that I have a revved up metabolism during that time, so after I have a really big weight drop.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning no matter what. I use a trend app and don't put much emotion in the daily weigh in I use the trend as my importantthing.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes, as lately I would almost never be able to weigh myself! (My doctor told me it's quite common nearing the menapause) but it doesn't seem to make any difference anyway.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It looks like I'm the only one who doesn't haha. I have a tendancy to get scale obsessive and I find that weighing myself during shark week stresses me out more than it should. I try to just mentally prepare myself for the inevitable food cravings and make smart decisions and weigh in once its over. Ive only been doing this for the past few months and Im really happy with my decision and havent gained weight staying off the scale.
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week and if it is PMS week I just skip it.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, the first or second day of my period is typically my lowest weight of the month. It's really helpful for maintenance being able to trust that number. But besides that, weighing everyday is one of the things I do to keep myself mindful -- having to re-lose weight you've already lost feels bad.
  • BootyfulBikerZX10r
    BootyfulBikerZX10r Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes to track how much water weight I gain and lose over that time period so I know its water and don't panic. Now I know I gain 5lbs on average every cycle. Anymore than that then I need to watch what Im eating better.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Hello no.

But I don't even weigh myself anymore in general.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    No.. I gain 3 pounds of water the week before, and it stays until my period is over. Pointless to weigh.