That scale is a dirty liar...

Options
Well... not really.

I was doing great for a while, losing well and even though I couldn't see it, other people could. But bad habits have snuck back in yet again.

I have been lazy, and I admit it. I have gained around 6 or 9 pounds back from what I have lost and though that ia a little bit, my end goal is still very far off.

I am looking for friends, adventures and just some general encouragement so that we ALL can reach our goals.

I am Shannon. Current weight is 299 and my goal weight is 190. :)

Replies

• Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding to get back on track!

I'm back on MFP myself after a couple of years off where I regained everything I lost.

Pretty much everybody here has backslid at one point or another. Stepping on that lying scale and doing something about it is the important part. Slow progress is better than no progress.
  • shygazer
    shygazer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I have been doing awful eating lately and binging is becoming a problem more of late. I am hoping to do decently for dinner tonight but portion control is not my friend right now.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yeah, portion control is tough. I picked up an excellent pizza tonight, and when I got it home I immediately stuck most of it in the freezer so I can't eat more than I planned. Fortunately, unlike chain pizza, it reheats deliciously in the oven :) Occasional pizza dinners for a couple of weeks! Before, I would have eaten the whole thing in two days.
  • shygazer
    shygazer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I ate a California Kitchen pizza the other day, and that is one of the reasons I downloaded this again. I ate the whole thing and actually refused to share with my boyfriend. Not even a slice lol
  • cfayebell
    cfayebell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Traveling for work is my culprit as well as feeding my family. It makes it hard but I have got to get motivated . . Any ideas???
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead is your best friend when it comes to bad habits
    • Meal planning can be helpful (though not for everyone) if you plan what you're having in advance (even if you switch your days around a bit) you can buy in just what you need and that can stop you from mindlessly reaching for the fridge.
    • Pre-logging food can also help, if you have it all logged ahead of time, you will know if you have room for a little bit of what you like.
    • Planning some treats in rather than restricting them can stop you from wanting to go mad for something because you've told yourself you can't have it.

@cfayebell when it comes to feeding family, there is no reason you can't all have the same thing, the less drastic and less complicated you make your weight loss around your life, the easier it is to stick to.

For example: a typical family meal for mum, dad and kids could be say a lasagna, no reason why everyone can't get a meal that suits them, lasagna portion with side salad or a smaller portion with a slice of garlic bread for mum, a slightly larger portion for dad and normal kid size portions for children with garlic bread and salad they can help themselves to. You can make lower calorie versions of a lot of meals just by making small switches - reduced fat cheese, turkey mince or lean steak mince instead of normal beef mince and bulking out with some veg like courgette or aubergine.