Alcohol and the weekend

Options
Don't know about you guys but when the weekend hits its all about having drinks and food with friends. I don't know how you feel about it but being surrounded by a bunch of drunk friends and you are sober as a judge.... Boring! But the calories are so punishing! Help! All coping or avoidance tactics welcome.

Replies

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Get new friends? You could always work out super hard throughout and save up the calories you need to get trashed at least one day out of the week but it's probably more trouble than it's worth.
  • leryhsaa2005
    leryhsaa2005 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Moderation, try just having one or two drinks... Its fun to watch everyone else... And you can join in, no one says you have to be drunk ...
  • 796fra
    796fra Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I understand. Our group now works out before getting trashed. It's fun to burn off steam and then go out together. Last evening we lifted and then went to dinner and drinks which lead to a social fire pit situation and registering for a couple of races next month.
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I use some of my weekly deficit to have a bit of bread in a bottle at the weekend. Works for me.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    in college I had a room mate that did not drink, we had made a deal, he always Drove, but we always Purchased his Gas, food and drink if other than water, we were not to get "stupid" drunk" but whenever he wanted to call it a night, we could not protest it was time to go. He was pretty cool about it and we always took care of him and made sure while we drank, we did not go beyond the limit.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    just don't have any friends! easy!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    just don't have any friends! easy!

shhh don't tell my secret
  • ProdigiousDigit
    ProdigiousDigit Posts: 49 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I guessed four margaritas, two beers (and possibly some Adderall) for my diary after the Rockies game last night.

Not sure if I was even close.

So worth it.
  • ProdigiousDigit
    ProdigiousDigit Posts: 49 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    MellowGa wrote: »
    in college I had a room mate that did not drink, we had made a deal, he always Drove, but we always Purchased his Gas, food and drink if other than water, we were not to get "stupid" drunk" but whenever he wanted to call it a night, we could not protest it was time to go. He was pretty cool about it and we always took care of him and made sure while we drank, we did not go beyond the limit.

So, he'll have a better time if they fill up his tank and buy him a sandwich?
  • sameoldbrandnewme
    sameoldbrandnewme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions folks! However I have become quite attached to my mates.... Although I did like being the driver suggestion especially now Uber days are numbered!
  • shll13
    shll13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m right there with you! Friday and Saturday are awful! Drinks lead to bad food. I know i can do it if I completely isolate. Lost 30lbs! But now that my boyfriend is home & all he wants to do is eat junk & drink... ugh... i need to get him on board w/ a new healthy lifestyle!