Ex Weight Watchers

Options
Is there anyone else that used to do WW but now doing Fitness Pal. The one thing they I will miss is the accountability of weighing in each week. I need to find a way to replace that. If anyone had any ideas on what works for them please let me know.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You might try a weight trending app. That will let you more easily see what your weight is doing over time so that you can make adjustments if the trend starts going the wrong direction for a few weeks.

TrendWeight.com is a webpage and links to a Fitbit account (you can create an account without having a Fitbit). Libra is an Android app. Happy Scale is an iOS app.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I've done older versions, not the current program. I just weigh myself. And one of the groups I joined here has a weekly weigh-in thread. It's not the main purpose of the group's existence, but it does give a little more accountability.
  • Iwilldo198
    Iwilldo198 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you. What's the name of the group please
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime member of WW who has gained 30 pounds back, I maintained for 6 years and got married and busy working and gained some back. I find MFP more user friendly than WW ever was. This time I am focusing on how the clothes fit and not weight so much :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Iwilldo198 wrote: »
    Thank you. What's the name of the group please

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119686-the-filthy-eaters-of-mfp

Its target membership is people who aren't focused on 'clean eating' or whole 30, etc. Most of us eat healthy, but we work in treats in moderation and within our calories.
  • SuzMar17
    SuzMar17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I found with Weight Watchers I obsessed way more with food and constantly thinking as the points went down. I follow counting macros....
  • sanjay5674
    sanjay5674 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just quit Weight Watchers after 11 years. I reached my goal 4 years ago. I was just diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer, which, in my case is in the pancreas (insulinoma,) and have gained 35 pounds in 3 months. Weight Watchers refuses to waive their 2 pound rule, even though I have given them a letter from my oncologist stating the gain is beyond my control.

I'm going to weigh at my doctor's office and have them record it. I won't lose anything until they get the tumor out of there, but I want and need both accountability and the social interaction that helps me focus.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    sanjay5674 wrote: »
    I just quit Weight Watchers after 11 years. I reached my goal 4 years ago. I was just diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer, which, in my case is in the pancreas (insulinoma,) and have gained 35 pounds in 3 months. Weight Watchers refuses to waive their 2 pound rule, even though I have given them a letter from my oncologist stating the gain is beyond my control.

I'm going to weigh at my doctor's office and have them record it. I won't lose anything until they get the tumor out of there, but I want and need both accountability and the social interaction that helps me focus.

What is the 2 pound rule?
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    I do both. Love them both for different reasons.

@sanjay5674
    That is really dissappointing to hear that they wouldn't waive the 2 lb rule.

@iamthemotherofdogs
    I believe the 2 lb rule is you have free meetings once you reach your goal weight. You cannot go 2 lbs above your goal weight or you will have to pay for meetings until you get back down to it.