10,000 Steps a Day

Options
My goal for next week (Sunday-Saturday) is to monitor my Fitbit and get 10k steps each day!

Replies

• MJaRT25
    MJaRT25 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am going to try 10,000 for all October. Good luck you can do it!
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Y'all can do it!! If your at work, take a walk around the parking lot on your lunch break. Hope this helps!!
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Keep busy and those steps soon add up!
  • Lkav88
    Lkav88 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get my daily 12.5k in daily this week
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I just stopped counting steps. I found it was driving a bit of obsessive behavior on my part because I was adding runs and extra miles to my workout schedule just so I could extend my goal streak. I was really neglecting my rest and my legs were feeling it. It was oddly liberating to turn off the goal monitoring function on my watch and it's not like I'm going to stop being active or anything.

Good luck! Remember that 10,000 steps is a relatively arbitrary target. If you do normal workouts on top of your step goals don't be afraid to ditch the step goal for the day and give yourself a rest if your body asks for it.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    For me, 10k steps is about 5 miles.

Normally, it's not possible 4 me to walk that far in a day but I have been making a point of going to nearby county parks for 3-5 mile offroad hikes w/some elevation changes. Sometimes wearing a 20# vest.

Walked 15 mi/35k steps in a week in Aug and walked 25 mi/60k steps over a couple of weeks in Sep. That's a lot of walking 4me.

Only going it because I'm taking a break from lifting. Going to try to keep it up despite the upcoming cold and wet weather.